DIY $40 make you holla fiberglas radiator shroud with bondo kit

no progress today,, out of PL30, have not gone back to try the bondo again, no $25 for a can of bondoglass, had to mow the yard, all kind of things are popping up to keep me not working on this. sigh.

fck yes meh lol bah damn hell :/

the paint brushes were $.98 each and ive used 4 so far. fak.

im still under the buck fiddy summit-may-be-a-chevy- shroud so we good, but ya, crap.

fck yes meh lol bah damn hell :/

the paint brushes were $.98 each and ive used 4 so far. fak.

im still under the buck fiddy summit-may-be-a-chevy- shroud so we good, but ya, crap.
But look how much fun you are having!

teh green bondo glass is waay better , something is wrong with the can of pink putty bondo i got, its like dough out of the can. its not even runny at all. the bondo glass green stuff I bought I had to stir it up and it is oily slippery on the spatula. this is good.

i was able to coat the box with the green stuff. its drying now. ill get a pic sometime. im not worried about it breaking anymore either. i can see after a good sanding, i may have some kind of flat ish surface to paint on.

teh green bondo glass is waay better , something is wrong with the can of pink putty bondo i got, its like dough out of the can. its not even runny at all.
Take that can of pink crap back it should be very soft should need to be stirred to mix it some.

20170708_170647.jpg
ahhh yes this is better.

it sat up all night, then i sanded it this morning and knocked some high spots off, washed it in the shower, and set it outside to dry.

Great job so far.
Can anything now be done to make for a smoother finish?
I don't know much about working with fiberglass.

thanks commando.

it is time consuming work, but not hard work.

i found it fun, and i had a week to kill this last week, so it was a good project.

yes more sanding and more bondo and more sanding and more bondo will make it smooth. er. and skill. which i do not have much of in this department :/

Great job so far.
Can anything now be done to make for a smoother finish?
I don't know much about working with fiberglass.

the green stuff Saylor used is easily sanded and it turns out nice and flat and takes to paint/primer very well.

Saylor, I would suggest using a 2 part primer over the Dynaglass. it will seal it up very well and give you a nice base for the paint.

this is what i used...

2K Epoxy primer filler - SprayMax

and regarding the sanding of the Dynaglass, just do the normal progression. 80, 150, 220 (a DA or random orbit sander works best-if available). looks like you coated it pretty well, you may not need to do any more goop. unless you break thru it while sanding. then do a touch up and re-sand.

Back