DMT lower valance radiator spash shield

70Tom

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered/installed the DMT "1969-72 C-Body Dodge Polara/Monaco Lower Valance Radiator Splash Shield"? I forgot to start the installation before I put on the bumper and lower valance. For the life of me, I can't figure out how it's supposed to go. It certainly doesn't look like it fits or is cut right for my 70 SF.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks

IMG_7843.jpg

It certainly doesn’t seem like it. I have no idea why they sent it to me then.

You ordered one for a Fury and they sent you that?

Many vendors think 70 C body means things fit across the board, they dont

I put one on my 300 that looks just like that. Fit perfectly.

Who is this vendor? Other things they have? Just curious.

CBODY67

The splash shield DMT shows for the Fury looks different from the one you have.

s-l500.jpg

DMT MOPAR 69-72 C Plymouth Fury Gran Fury Lower Valance Radiator Splash Shield | eBay

The Monaco one looks similar to the one that I got for my 300. But thinking about it... I bought mine from Vans, although I also bought some other shields from DMT. I made a couple too using the old ones as patterns.

s-l500.jpg

DMT MOPAR 69-72 C Dodge Polara Monaco Lower Valance Radiator Splash Shield | eBay

Give them a call. They are one of the best vendors to work with. Perhaps they sent the wrong one.

I've always had good luck with DMT, they stand behind their product.

As a follow up, I just spoke to Jim at DMT. He said that he just recently discovered the difference. Apparently someone restoring a 70 GT SF who is going to MCACN with the car (he didn't mention a name so I'm not sure if it's someone here on the forums or not) sent him a NOS set of them. So he had the tooling redone and it's on the way. So, he should have the correct pieces for a 1970 Sport Fury or Fury in a week or so.

The part numbers are different, he didn't know? I seem to recall a discussion on these a few years back.

Well, he said the parts diagrams or whatever for MOPAR, compared to other makes of cars, are terrible. So while he might have known, I don't think he had them exact. Regarding the 2 pics above, I don't think the one listed currently for the Fury is correct either. That area near the radiator is just different than the stamping on those.

Back