DMT Splash Guard Fitment

All-American

Reaction score
My current splash guards are pretty torn up and crumbly in my 73 New Yorker. Do you guys think these would fit? The title says only goes to 71, but description has 73 listed as well.

Mopar C Body 69-71 Chrysler New Yorker 300 MEGA Splash Shield Set

Splash.PNG

The splash guards I got for my 68 were prefect. When I bought my AC box gasket kit it said it was for something else but fit perfectly.
THANKS for posting this - these guys have a surprising amount of things for slab-side C-bodies, including what I think MIGHT be the door channel/window guides I had all but completely given up looking for........

My current splash guards are pretty torn up and crumbly in my 73 New Yorker. Do you guys think these would fit? The title says only goes to 71, but description has 73 listed as well.

Mopar C Body 69-71 Chrysler New Yorker 300 MEGA Splash Shield Set

View attachment 560404
I will be very interested in the answer. FWIW, I bought their splash shield sets for my 1970 Chrysler 300 and for my 1971 Dodge Monaco. They work, but for installation some adjustments were needed. @david hill may chime in re: the TNT, since he's the one who helped me with the installation on that car.

I will be very interested in the answer. FWIW, I bought their splash shield sets for my 1970 Chrysler 300 and for my 1971 Dodge Monaco. They work, but for installation some adjustments were needed. @david hill may chime in re: the TNT, since he's the one who helped me with the installation on that car.
With the DMT splash guard set carefully install with just one or two retainers at the top of the splash guard for each side. Secure it and then with a small scribe tool see if your holes line up with regard to the inner splash panel. If you need pictures I can send you a set to help guide you.

In general, I suspect the items pictured could well extend into the 1973 model year, EXCEPT that piece that goes between the core support and grille, as for an exact fit. DO check for correctness BEFORE installation, then proceed as mentioned above, carefully.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

My DMT stuff (which is the kit I think you posted) fit my 70 300 to absolute perfection, but that's not what you're asking about. So, I'd suggest you call the owner (Jim Fillmore) and ask him. He is Mr. Customer Service, believe me.

Hello everyone,
Got an email back from Mr. Fillmore. He said they do not fit a 73 and he doubts he will ever create them. He said the Mopar parts books are not great for recreating things like this due to variety of factors and its a tough thing to spend a lot of money on equipment and tooling to only sell a relatively few sets (very true).

He sends his regards to the FCBO members and is sorry he didn't have a better outcome.

That's too bad, but I wonder if some of the items will fit. Of course, the only way to know is to buy it and try it.
If they were to almost fit, you could punch (not drill) your own holes and trim to make it look appropriate. Better than having them "pretty torn up and crumbly" as you put it. :thumbsup:

And when I say punch and trim, this material is tough, tough, tough so plan accordingly. Did I mention that the material is tough?

Hello everyone,
Got an email back from Mr. Fillmore. He said they do not fit a 73 and he doubts he will ever create them.

That's too bad, but I wonder if some of the items will fit. Of course, the only way to know is to buy it and try it.
Since their kit is advertised as for 1969-1971, this begs the question of what is different about 1973 AND 1972. Why am I interested in the answer? Well, Buttercup's splash shields are still there but getting worn, so a new set would be a good addition to the engine bay. @All-American if you do decide to be the guinea pig, I'll be interested in what you find out and let us know. I am pretty sure that Mr. Fillmore might be as well -- he might sell a partial set for the parts that would still fit.

The cross country season I am coaching is almost finished and I was planning on using that stipend as "car/play money" so Id gladly be the guinea pig. Timing of ordering and shipping would theoretically line up with my Thanksgiving break too. I would be able to pull the car inside and take all the old pieces that are still intact off and lay them new one top and give the group some feedback/pictures.

After all if at least some parts fit, 150$ is not too bad as far as car parts go.

The cross country season I am coaching is almost finished and I was planning on using that stipend as "car/play money" so Id gladly be the guinea pig. Timing of ordering and shipping would theoretically line up with my Thanksgiving break too. I would be able to pull the car inside and take all the old pieces that are still intact off and lay them new one top and give the group some feedback/pictures.

After all if at least some parts fit, 150$ is not too bad as far as car parts go.
Super. Since it works for sure on a 1970, if you are not happy with the fit, someone else might be able/willing to buy the kit from you.

If you don't mess the items up, and keep the packaging tidy, and you mention this to DMT before you buy, I can't imagine that Jim wouldn't take it back....but then I'm not Jim.

I think I mentioned that the rubberized/cotton material is kinda tough. These tools are how holes need to be made in it.
Hollow Punch Set, 9 Piece

I have this tool, had it for years, use it for all sorts of projects.
Amazon product ASIN B00OM4GVX0
I also have this tool. It's good, but I think you might have to twist it back and forth so it would cut through the material.
Robot or human?

Hurray for you for being a guinea pig! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can confirm the DMT Slash Guard mega set will fit up to 1972 300 Newport & New Yorker. Not sure about 1973 model year. not all splash panels are used in 1969 -1971 models. Photo below is a 1972 New Yorker inner fender.

20221006_004109.jpg

I can confirm the DMT Slash Guard mega set will fit up to 1972 300 Newport & New Yorker. Not sure about 1973 model year. not all splash panels are used in 1969 -1971 models. Photo below is a 1972 New Yorker inner fender.
David discovered a caveat to the fit: the two parts from the mega set, that are meant to act as control arm splash shields, do NOT fit any 1969 to 1972 Chrysler. While reinstalling the inner fenders, David had the unpleasant surprise that what DMT sent us has little resemblance to the originals that he had on hand from a 1969 Chrysler 300 -- it's not even close, see the pic below. Same for 1972 (pic not shown).

1667257035651.png

Why DMT sent those two wrong parts is baffling, because their own "A arm & torsion bar" shield sets that I'd ordered trough eBay for other cars of mine worked like a charm -- both on my 1970 TNT 'vert (installed by @david hill last fall) and on my 1971 Dodge Monaco (installed by @71Polara383 in spring 2020).

The photo below makes it clear that the previously ordered part (in other words, one also made by DMT) is what should have been shipped this time around as part of the mega set:

1667257176286.png

I have reached out to DMT sales, and hopefully they fix the issue. @saforwardlook @sixpkrt

Last edited:
David discovered a caveat to the fit: the two parts from the mega set, that are meant to act as control arm splash shields, do NOT fit any 1969 to 1972 Chrysler. While reinstalling the inner fenders, David had the unpleasant surprise that what DMT sent us has little resemblance to the originals that he had on hand from a 1969 Chrysler 300 -- it's not even close, see the pic below. Same for 1972 (pic not shown).

View attachment 565335

Why DMT sent those two wrong parts is baffling, because their own "A arm & torsion bar" shield sets that I'd ordered trough eBay for other cars of mine worked like a charm -- both on my 1970 TNT 'vert (installed by @david hill last fall) and on my 1971 Dodge Monaco (installed by @71Polara383 in spring 2020).

The photo below makes it clear that the previously ordered part (in other words, one also made by DMT) is what should have been shipped this time around as part of the mega set:

View attachment 565340

I have reached out to DMT sales, and hopefully they fix the issue. @saforwardlook @sixpkrt
I had no issue with the fitment on my 70. It's been a few years... But as I remember, the replacement was just like the shield in the top of the pic. I'm trying to remember if the original shields were on the car and I think they were, although a lot of the others were missing.

I had zero issues with my kit. At first I was confused by the arm covers as they didn't look at ALL correct (and I didn't have any splash shields anywhere on this car to compare to) , but Big_John talked me down off the edge and said to carefully follow the clip holes and don't try to envision how they're supposed to fit.
IMG_1768.JPG

as I remember, the replacement was just like the shield in the top of the pic.
The shield in the top of the top (1st) pic, or the top of the bottom (2nd) pic? The second pic is what I got for Medina and the TNT, and both fit without issues.

Back