Do the 1969-71 Disc Brake Systems use one or two metering blocks?

How much was it for your service?

I'd be super interested in that though, I think I'll send you a DM later. I do wonder how much difference there would be for your 71 model compared to my 68 Newport, frame-wise for the brake lines, if any. Since they're both C-Bodies and there's only a 2-3 year difference, I would say not much if any at all.
I'd feel safer with pre-made lines though than making my own, as it would be my real first time trying to make brake lines, even though I've seen the process (double flared, and I've seen they have the tools for sale). Ross Woodridge does have a good point in this post.

Here is a link to their offerings and prices.........................

1971 Chrysler New Yorker Brake Lines | The Right Stuff | America's Choice

Their current listings are incorrect since they group the 69 - 70 lines in with the 71s................

I am seeing that your model is a 68 so my lines will not work on your model, so no need for a pm.

I do not know if a 68 model has the delay valve either. So they may not have lines for your model and the ones they made for me will not fit a 68.

Very nice.

Looks like "HKT6905" is the one I want, but it seems there's a lot of duplicates, and there's a 4 piece and a 5 piece set. Not sure which one you would need for this application, but if nothing else I can send them an email.

Let me send you a DM for your order number.

Oh I see now, it's either an option for stainless or "regular" metal. Would stainless be preferred in this application? It's more expensive, but in an ideal world, that means better quality.

Very nice.

Looks like "HKT6905" is the one I want, but it seems there's a lot of duplicates, and there's a 4 piece and a 5 piece set. Not sure which one you would need for this application, but if nothing else I can send them an email.

Let me send you a DM for your order number.

I am unclear just what year system you are converting your system to, so the lines for my 71s would likely work on your 68 only if you use parts completely from a disc brake 71 - 73 model. Original disc brake 68 C bodies were Budd, which are a completely different animal altogether. The 5 brake line sets are for the 69 - 70 models with the delay valve whereas the 4 line sets are for the 71-73 models without the delay valve.

I would not order stainless steel lines, as they are too hard to get them to seal at the fittings. Go with the regular steel ones unless you drive your car on a lot of salted roads in the winter...............

My car is a 1968 Newport. The disc brake system is from a 1972 system, from a Plymouth wagon to be more specific.

I have the C-Body Bendix booster, I would just need the MC and the lines to completely build the system. Rear brake lines probably wouldn't hurt either.

We are replying in real time almost simultaneously, so our posts are overlapping/confusing. I now see what you are using so I will PM you my order number tomorrow. It will work but the item HKT6905 will not likely work on your car for the reason stated above - 69 & 70 models were 5 line sets, but 71 -73 are 4 line sets.

There is a 4 piece set under HKT6902S (S for the stainless lines), which is for 69-71. Maybe this one would work.

Bumping this thread:

I'm looking to rebuild my calipers I have and basically have all the parts I need, I just need some confirmation. Are the thread sizes for the disc brake rubber lines to the caliper different than drum brake cars? I'm looking for an adapter from my grease gun to my caliper brake inlet: Grease gun fitting is 1/8 NPT for the outlet.

Back