Dodge big trucks

While it's not a BigHorn I am working my way towards owning one some day. I'm going to start working on my CDL after the first of the the year. So far we have a 1962 W500 and a 1967 D600 in the fleet. My last and most needed item will be a brush fire truck, preferably a 61-71 W500. In fact, I just missed a 1970 W500 brush truck for $3500 about 80 miles away in Klamath Falls. I'm still sick about that one. I love working old trucks and equipment, it's really fun and at times productive! I guess while we are on the subject here is my Cat 955 and the D600 : )

Sorry for the hi-jack!

Most of the old brush trucks in Florida were M37 variants... the firemen loved them, they didn't seem to like the newer stuff as much performance wise... I think the new stuff had A/C usually though... goes a long way in FL.

D600

Just thought I'd share this info. There's a mid 70's D600 flat bed dump on local C list. Raleigh/Greensboro NC. Incase someone wants something looks that

Cool Dozer, No pics of my Allis Chalmers 715-D (perkins), but here's my tonka toy, one day to be switched out for a Dodge medium. Always watching for a mini road grader.

While it's not a BigHorn I am working my way towards owning one some day. I'm going to start working on my CDL after the first of the the year. So far we have a 1962 W500 and a 1967 D600 in the fleet. My last and most needed item will be a brush fire truck, preferably a 61-71 W500. In fact, I just missed a 1970 W500 brush truck for $3500 about 80 miles away in Klamath Falls. I'm still sick about that one. I love working old trucks and equipment, it's really fun and at times productive! I guess while we are on the subject here is my Cat 955 and the D600 : )

Sorry for the hi-jack!

IMG_1138.jpg

Cool Dozer, No pics of my Allis Chalmers 715-D (perkins), but here's my tonka toy, one day to be switched out for a Dodge medium. Always watching for a mini road grader.

But hey... show the Plymouth next time...

I remember those mini bighorns.
I didn't know about it and stared for probably 10 min. thinking what's wrong with this picture.

Is that some kind of construction/office trailer its pulling? That A/C is too small to be a reefer and it looks like a peaked roof...

Yes, I think it is. This pic was taken at a truck stop recently according to the photographer

As I understand it the work starts to dry up for men and trucks of a certain age... I know my value has a shelf life...

Is that some kind of construction/office trailer its pulling? That A/C is too small to be a reefer and it looks like a peaked roof...

Use to see these at truck stops across the country,chapel on wheels. I think there is one at the TA in Woodstock,Ontario.

Use to see these at truck stops across the country,chapel on wheels. I think there is one at the TA in Woodstock,Ontario.

That would explain it not moving long enough to loose tire pressure... nice looking truck, shame they aren't easier to save... need a much bigger garage to even think about it.

As I understand it the work starts to dry up for men and trucks of a certain age... I know my value has a shelf life...

At 67 I still got #1 class driver's permit that give me ''permission'' to drive anything on the road but not the ''competence'' to do so and I got ''heavy equipment operator'' card to work on construction yard.

Many contractors ask me to ''just start the job''.......many of you guys surely know what it's mean......so I say ''no thanks'', I have work to do on my cross ram.......

Back