Dodge big trucks

I wish the pictures offered more detail of rear of the truck fifth wheel or flat? I like that it has air brakes.

image.jpg
This one looks like Rambo

On the Dodge Trucks forums, they're probably arguing on whether it should be saved or grabbed for parts before the derby guys get it
We hardly ever talk about the derby guys over there, wouldn't want to steal your thunder.

Plus I think we all have ADD as we move off topic on almost every non restoration thread, usually immediately.

Funny thing is I think there are more truckers here than in the Sweptline forum.

Alan

View attachment 70028 Here's a good one. COE

The expanded metal caught my eye... had to look closer at the fuel tank to realize what it was. Now I'm trying to imagine to the poor guy climbing across that to hook up lights and brakes. I'm guessing the non-driving stuff is some of the worst parts of truck driving.

image.jpg
This is more to my liking. I could see rolling through the gates at the track in this with "The Beast" on the back

The expanded metal caught my eye... had to look closer at the fuel tank to realize what it was. Now I'm trying to imagine to the poor guy climbing across that to hook up lights and brakes. I'm guessing the non-driving stuff is some of the worst parts of truck driving.
Not at all, standing in the snow up to my knees trying to unwind a frozen strap winch, trying to slide it up and down a road slush encrusted winch track is some of my fondest memories.

We all endure(d) some really shitty conditions that separate the men from the wusies
But... Nobody has it worse than these guys.

cottrell-peterbilt-daycab-1024x196.jpg

For me, it was strapping on chains when the snow you were in came up to the frame.
More so when I was stuck and couldn't drive onto the chains... :mad:

We all endure(d) some really shitty conditions that separate the men from the wusies
But... Nobody has it worse than these guys.

cottrell-peterbilt-daycab-1024x196.jpg

For me, it was strapping on chains when the snow you were in came up to the frame.
More so when I was stuck and couldn't drive onto the chains... :mad:

Understood... very good friend does local freight with all that BS, he wont go near one of those. He even pulled oranges one season. I hate chains... I cant imagine how much worse it was for you.

I refused to carhaul, even when on layoff.
When carhaul was Teamster, nobody made it to full retirement. Maybe Early Disability if you were lucky to win at Arbitration.

I refused to carhaul, even when on layoff.
When carhaul was Teamster, nobody made it to full retirement. Maybe Early Disability if you were lucky to win at Arbitration.

I saw some real winners doing that job in my dealer years... I guess you just explained why...

F$#@, these POS scab car haulers the manufacturers are using now?
Their drivers don't last a year.
And nobody cares. It will get there eventually one way or another.

Back