NOT MINE Dodge Demon Hellcat 1,025 horsepower window sticker

Watch the prices drop back down when Dodge comes out with the EV Charger/Challenger but continue to make the ICE Demon/Hellcat/Scatpack just like Ford did with the Mustang. Dealers are all playing on the fear that Dodge is going to stop making the ICE muscle cars.

I've never regretted getting my wife her 2019 ScatPack and she will never give it up. She loves that car and the power it has. I don't believe Bob (78 NYB) ever regretted getting his Hellcat. I know if I could have talked my wife into getting a Hellcat I would have bought that instead. The Demon has been out of my price range so far but if I can ever afford one, I will have one in my garage.

Watch the prices drop back down when Dodge comes out with the EV Charger/Challenger but continue to make the ICE Demon/Hellcat/Scatpack just like Ford did with the Mustang. Dealers are all playing on the fear that Dodge is going to stop making the ICE muscle cars.

Are you aware of what the Demon is?

Redeye?

Hellcat?

They're all different. The Demon is very limited and who doesn't want one ? They're not coming down for a Hell of a long time.

I'm gonna be upfront and say that these do not impress me at all. I don't give them a second glance at C&Cs or shows. They're a rich boys' toy. If I had $100K to $300K to spend on unnecessary things, these likely would not be on the "gotta have!" list. Yeah, they're cool, and absurdly fast. Unless I had unlimited access to Texas Motor Speedway, or Watkins Glen, or Hallett, I couldn't justify that kind of money for one of these. The price is so far out of reality for me...and I make pretty good money.

One of my friends has a new Demon. His payments are $1,888/month for 84 months (with 20% cash down), and his insurance is $375/month. I'm out.

Seriously, that dealer is saying a Redeye MSRP is 133k. We know that is BS.

Not BS. Here is the official FCA window sticker...

Monroney Label

DEMON.jpg

Are you aware of what the Demon is?

Redeye?, ri

Hellcat?

They're all different. The Demon is very limited and who doesn't want one ? They're not coming down for a Hell of a long time.
I am but my point is that that they are trying to take advantage of the perception that all these cars will be gone in the near future. They said the first iteration of the Demon would be a one year only and here we are with a second or third run? I also know the prices have sky rocketed for all the Dodge muscle cars and the primary reason, IMO is that everyone is worried if they don't buy them now, they'll never get the opportunity again.

Granted, the price of the Demon will always be far more then the Hellcat and ScatPack, rightfully so but if you look at post #31, they're asking 200k for a car that likely has a sticker around 123k, subtracking 10k because no sun roof. That's a panic buy/hard sell markup IMO.

One of my friends has a new Demon. His payments are $1,888/month for 84 months (with 20% cash down), and his insurance is $375/month.
Wow! Just doing a little math and figuring he financed $125k, that's like 11% interest. That's the kind of interest you pay when your credit score is in the 500s, but I would expect that if his score was that low, no one would loan that much.

I'm sorry, but that's nuts!

IMHO, affording a toy like this means you can point at the one you want and write a check. I understand some of the new trucks are $60k+ these days, and the vast majority finance them, but they aren't a toy like this is.

I am but my point is that that they are trying to take advantage of the perception that all these cars will be gone in the near future. They said the first iteration of the Demon would be a one year only and here we are with a second or third run? I also know the prices have sky rocketed for all the Dodge muscle cars and the primary reason, IMO is that everyone is worried if they don't buy them now, they'll never get the opportunity again.

Granted, the price of the Demon will always be far more then the Hellcat and ScatPack, rightfully so but if you look at post #31, they're asking 200k for a car that likely has a sticker around 123k, subtracking 10k because no sun roof. That's a panic buy/hard sell markup IMO.

Those mark ups happened before they were announced. I agree, they suck but they are getting paid so it's worth it to someone. I don't think the price will come down.

Demon and the Demon 170 are not the same .

Wow! Just doing a little math and figuring he financed $125k, that's like 11% interest. That's the kind of interest you pay when your credit score is in the 500s, but I would expect that if his score was that low, no one would loan that much.

I'm sorry, but that's nuts!

IMHO, affording a toy like this means you can point at the one you want and write a check. I understand some of the new trucks are $60k+ these days, and the vast majority finance them, but they aren't a toy like this is.

He has a CR of mid-600 or so. And I feel he got taken by his financing, but that's my opinion. I don't think he really shopped around for credit. SEVEN years! He couldn't wait to buy that car! At 10.75%, that level of debt is stupid for a vehicle you're not make income with, like a CC truck with a flatbed trailer or something like that. He's in his late 20s and single, so he's not supporting a family, anyway. More power to him, I suppose.

Personally, I don't really like these plastics/electronics/computers/whatever muscle cars very much, but, each to their own. If I had that much $ burning a hole in my pocket I'd rather get a '57 300C, with enough change left over for a super clean Imperial.

He has a CR of mid-600 or so. And I feel he got taken by his financing, but that's my opinion. I don't think he really shopped around for credit. SEVEN years! He couldn't wait to buy that car! At 10.75%, that level of debt is stupid for a vehicle you're not make income with, like a CC truck with a flatbed trailer or something like that. He's in his late 20s and single, so he's not supporting a family, anyway. More power to him, I suppose.
How did a dealer get that deal bought ?!!! Unless he is making 150k + and had a ton down . Or lives with mom and dad and no other bills making 100k .

How did a dealer get that deal bought ?!!! Unless he is making 150k + and had a ton down . Or lives with mom and dad and no other bills making 100k .
He had 20% cash down, a very modest trade-in, and has roommates. And yes, he is in that income range, most definitely!

Back