NOT MINE Dodge Demon Hellcat 1,025 horsepower window sticker

Charger challenger sorry it was a long walk. Been a car nut for 40 plus years. In my head a charger is a 2 door. And yes i completely miss the point of the demon. I like to drive cars fast for more than 4 seconds at a time.
Apologies this is not my world so perhaps i shouldnt comment. I'm 52 and come from a german car background so perhaps i do miss the point of a 1000 in this car. But i love my Imperial so we have that.

The other thing about this car is this: about 2 years after you buy this good luck buying any parts for it from Chrysler.
Due to lack of sales on any part unique to it they will drop it from their inventory. So the electronics will be tits up and
then you got a car that you can't drive.

Trust me I know my parts and Chrysler is horrible when it comes to stocking anything for more than 5 minutes.

The other thing about this car is this: about 2 years after you buy this good luck buying any parts for it from Chrysler.
Due to lack of sales on any part unique to it they will drop it from their inventory. So the electronics will be tits up and
then you got a car that you can't drive.

Trust me I know my parts and Chrysler is horrible when it comes to stocking anything for more than 5 minutes.
Every car being made today has a expiration date.
How old is your laptop?
How old is your tablet?
How many months old is your cell phone?
Look how far smart phones have come in 10 plus years, you think that screen in the car that controls almost everything is going to do half the stuff it does today in 4times the amount of time. So the 108 mile anything is going to be worthless after a couple of months with the battery connected and it figures out the calendar has moved 10 years.
Chryslers have been that way forever. Look at the air temp 2 cars. Look at early disc brake cars. Best just to bite the bullet and convert the old car to something serviceable and something that works.
In a new car that is?

If I had that kind of money, I would own a fully optioned fully restored 68 300 2dr coupe and a 1970 fully optioned hemi 4 speed Superbird!!!! Im just sayin.

1000hp on a street car is useless.
Other than saying "I own it", what are you going to do with it other than get up on the expressway 3 or 4 seconds faster than a Honda Civic.
And in a hour or two of your delivery a tube turd like Cleetus McFarland or StreetSpeed will have a 1,500HP one... (and they will be raffling it off).

:lol:

I don't understand the $100K+ price tags, and the $1,500/mo car payment that accompanies it. What are people doing for a living to buy stuff like this?
Ummm … better recalculate that. Unless you are putting 40% down that payment will be closer to 2600.00 @ 60 months . And I would lease a car like that then buy my residual out at the end . That way if the car gets hit hard while under lease you can just give it back at lease end and avoid taking the depreciation it will suffer because of the Carfax.

125k is not alot for cars these days. I sold high end cars for 30 years and many were $200,000+ .

In 2018 a friend told me about a dirty Hellcat with a trailer hitch on it. He saw the owner walking up to it and he asked him if he really used the hitch. The owner responded "yep, I use it all the time to pull my fishing boat and I get asked all the time about it" (the guy was retired for a few years at that time). He told his wife 3 years earlier that he really liked the new Hellcat (2015). He checked one out at their local dealership. They talked about it and went to look at it. By then it was sold and the dealership wasn't able to get another anytime soon. (Remember how hard they were to get when they came out). When his birthday was getting close his wife told him she purchased plane tickets and wanted to take him somewhere for his birthday. They traveled half way across the country and when they landed, there was someone there to pick them up (salesman). He took them back to the dealership so this lucky guy could do the paperwork on his new 2015 Hellcat and drive it home.
He told my friend that he just loves the car and he drives it every day, rain or shine, on dirt roads, and through the mud. The only time he doesn't drive it when it's icy out, it's not safe in snow (Imagine that!! Who would have guessed!!). He also told my friend that he enjoys that car more than anyone that just puts their car in the garage and looks at it, his Hellcat is rarely in his a garage, it's truly just another car to him.

Everyone has their level of care they take with their possessions. We care for our cars differently than this guy and there's nothing wrong with that. I think it would be awesome to use one of these cars for a daily. When I finish my '65 SF, it'll see 7 to 10 thousand miles or more a year like my last build. After 200,000 miles I sold that one and it would still fit in at any car show.

Its only money …. Some people have more than they need and you cant take it with you when you croak . So if that person wants a 1000 hp car then good for them .
I would probably get a 70 Hemi Charger or Daytona and a mint 67 Imperial coupe instead . I just get more excited about classic stuff. Been in a Hellcat and it was fast but still meh …

Please read the item description.
If this isn't absolutely bonkers, I don't know what is.

Screenshot_20231105-190659.png

Screenshot_20231105-190731.png

Why bonkers? The greatest American muscle car, limited production.
2 hundred thousand isn't what it used to be.

I prefer Frugal...:lol:
I was trying to figure out what "C.B." meant.

I fit that description... You should see me going back and forth between Rock Auto, eBay and Amazon for buying car parts online. I'm a product of having parents that were adults in the depression.

I still change my own oil too...

Back