WANTED Dodge Polara/Monaco,Plymouth Fury,Chrysler Newport/300

Status
Not open for further replies.
How tough is it to ship a stub frame and a front clip to Finland?

Well, If you can get someone to build a cradle for it & figure out a way to have it hauled over to either Grand Rapids, Michigan, or Lake Worth, FL, it's no problem. Only a matter of cost.

Still, I don't see a buckled roof... floor yes, be they have frame machines in Finland

Frame machines? You mean hydraulic jacks the bodyshops use? Oh yes, there are many. I suppose it's a matter of cost here: if you don't OWN that bodyshop it'd cost you more than any of those +20K beauties occasionally offered on eBay or Hemmings.

Well, If you can get someone to build a cradle for it & figure
out a way to have it hauled over to either Grand Rapids, Michigan, or Lake Worth, FL, it's no problem. Only a matter of cost.

Frame machines? You mean hydraulic jacks the bodyshops use? Oh yes, there are many. I suppose it's a matter of cost here: if you don't OWN that bodyshop it'd cost you more than any of those +20K beauties occasionally offered on eBay or Hemmings.

Where does insurance fit in this picture? Depending on chosen coverage and state, you'd get anything from $-75 (towing bill) to a stated value around $15k in the US. What's it like in Finland? Does the OP still own the car? Would his living situation allow him to keep a smashed old car behind the house while he worked on it?

Another scenario might be to chase down a solid (cheaper) '70 Newport sedan, which could yield every part needed (except the windshield... I think) + an extra BB drivetrain and some spare parts from the aft section.

Keep in mind, I'm not pushing the idea, just offering a few other ways to skin the cat.

Well, If you can get someone to build a cradle for it & figure out a way to have it hauled over to either Grand Rapids, Michigan, or Lake Worth, FL, it's no problem. Only a matter of cost.

If the insurance company pays 15K for the wreck, they take posession of it, and transfer it to a central wrecking yard owned together by all insurance companies in Finland (it's in Tampere, some 100 miles north of Helsinki). They would part it, and sell the parts.

I agree 100%: if you were to rebuild that wreck, it would be much easier to hunt down an intact Newport Sedan, and use it as a donor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back