WANTED Still Wanted 70/71/72 Polara/ Monaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

polara71

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a SOLID 1970 Polara Convertible, a decent 71 Polara any body style is desired and
A 1972 Polara Wagon.

Also looking for NOS or excellent used parts for these cars.

Please PM me with what you have or have seen available.

I'm reposting this to keep attention on it. I'm still searching for another car. I've bought and brought home a Very nice 69 wagon but I need at least one more vintage Dodge C.
It really is remarkable how these have dried up.

I wish I had seen this car when it was for sale but I was about two months too late. Maple Motors Inc. - Hendersonville, TN

Perfecto.

BUT perfect for my tastes.
Brown is a color I favor.
Cornering lights add character.

Should start a Polara/Monaco for sale thread, like the '72-'73 Imperial thread Doc started a while back.

Still looking for the right car.
A very nice four door sedan in Missouri but it's white.

Bumping this up.
Still in need of the best of the best 70 Polara Convertible or 71 Polara 2 Door.

Make me an offer I can't refuse, 70 Polara vert, use to be a member's car, Al's old car ( ask Ayilar ) comes with 2 hoods, 2 trunk lids, 1 front fender extension, extra inside cab wiring harness, extra engine bay wiring harnes, rear seat frames for a 71 Monaco,front grill off a 70 Monaco, molding clips, rear bumper brackets and misc. parts. Oh yah! an extra brand new convertible top, for some reason they sent me 2 when ordered.
I am actively looking to trade this car, still love it, don't get me wrong, I see your passion for them, so if my oppertunity comes up or doesn't , so be it.
Ellie May is tucked away for the winter. 20230604_132048.jpg

Have a nice day!
IMG_3290.JPG
Peel off the plastic protective film and make it your own Dave?
Unless you have a 68-69 Barracuda notch back you want to trade or a GTX beater/ fixer upper ?

Als old car huh? That car may be the first one I saw on the internet in 1996. Nothing against the car or the people who've owned it but that poor thing has been passed around like a cheap *****. Too many hands have been on that car for me to have interest. I prefer original.
Thank you though .

Als old car huh? That car may be the first one I saw on the internet in 1996. Nothing against the car or the people who've owned it but that poor thing has been passed around like a cheap *****. Too many hands have been on that car for me to have interest. I prefer original.
Thank you though .
Yes she's had a lot of hands all over her and I ve had to correct a lot of stuff, but she's looking up and getting some respect now.
That's why she comes with so much stuff on the side as that's what still needs to be done with her.

Thank you though .
Sorry to inform you but you won't find original.

It sure seems very nice fuseys get sold in a day,especially around here.Any suspect or cars with issues dont seem to sell at all. The thrill of the chase continues for me every morning while waking up drinking my coffee on the internet.Im a Fury guy but if a nice Polara shows up around here, I will let you know 71 Polara

No? Why do you say that?
They are original once when they roll off the factory floor, after that I find that many fool themselves in trying to make it "original" or stock and kill themselves attempting to reproduce a reasonable factsimile, in my case I knew going in that Ellie May had been raped , abused and passed around by previous owner and scared beyond her ability to be " original / a reasonable factsimile". How many purists cheat McGivering something that "hell no one will notice" just to get her done as the part is too hard to find. I'm saying the quiet stuff out loud!
Most of the guys on here are like me, not wealthy but have a passion for cars and the drive to fix up a car and enjoy it once on the road.
A lot of the guys on here are experts and very knowlegable and were handed a wrench when they came out of the womb and have a lifetime of experience of being in the automotive field and these guys, probably you want to restore a car to a councourse level. All the power to you!
This site is a great resource for guys like me, still learning, and for guys willing to share their knowlegde is much appreciated while it lasts because in 20 to 30 years from now when most on here will have gone to " MOPAR HEAVEN " and the rest in diapers drooling from the corner of their mouths looking forward to being buried in their cars. Once that time arrives , there will be a new world order and no one will care if my Polara has the proper hose clamps or not.
Any way you asked " why do you say that?" I could have given you a one liner, but want to convey some people are forced to make their car their own rather than try spending a lifetime looking for that elusive part which the purist will end up McGivering anyway on the quiet side!

Have a good day, you must be retired spending time on FCBO every morning reading what was with a cup of Joe!

Thanks James, no I had the Best 71, it still resides here
I had at least the most original and 3rd most original convertible.
I promise you, there is another original unknown out there that will be exposed in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back