Does anyone here have a 440 powered 66 Fury?

I would love to talk to the person that ordered that car.

You may not remember everything, but your wants and needs are still consistent...

I believe you said that you wanted to meet the guy that ordered the car when LivininHarrow first introduced it, likely 18 month ago....:yes:

For the guy with 318 poly in the 66, I'm not sure how far you want to go with 440 if you have 440 and trans by all means can't go wrong with BB. There is a thread here with info on 318 la and ends in a cool 360 stroker poly with some contacts " new heads for old 318" was the thread. Chrysler power magazine is doing a series building poly motors, just an option for you good luck also Schumacher has a lot of engine swap kits, parts etc.

You may not remember everything, but your wants and needs are still consistent...

I believe you said that you wanted to meet the guy that ordered the car when LivininHarrow first introduced it, likely 18 month ago....:yes:
Holy crap. Did I say that back then, too??

Holy crap. Did I say that back then, too??

Found your post in the restoration section in a tread titled "Wagon goes under the knife".

I believe it was the 3rd page... post #28... I think... :eusa_think:

You'll find it. I pulled it to the surface.

For the guy with 318 poly in the 66, I'm not sure how far you want to go with 440 if you have 440 and trans by all means can't go wrong with BB. There is a thread here with info on 318 la and ends in a cool 360 stroker poly with some contacts " new heads for old 318" was the thread. Chrysler power magazine is doing a series building poly motors, just an option for you good luck also Schumacher has a lot of engine swap kits, parts etc.

I actually have given some thought to doing a poly stroker, keeping it mild and very drivable, coupled with an OD trans from a 94 Ram with a 3.55 gear. Havent ruled that out at all.
My 66 is an original 440 car, but it's not stock. I can post a few pics of the engne bay if that would help you, but like I said, it's not stock. Can I ask why you want to go with a 440 transplant? Alot of work is ahead of you and some major cash to do this. Why don't you put in a crate 360hp motor,..or if you're not looking for an hp package, have the 318 rebuilt better than new with some good upgrades.

Mostly cuz that was my dad's vision for the car and I kinda wanted to "finish" what he started and wanted to do. Also, I already have the mounts, 2 440's, a tranny and I think most if not all of the linkages. I'm not commited to the BB thing, but leaning that way since I have such a good headstart on it before I've even spent a dime.

Back