Does anyone know how this is suppose to be painted?

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the little black corner piece is suppose to be painted? Is it flat, satin, gloss? Can I paint it with a rattle can? I did include a picture of the NOS C-pillar medallions that I just got from Arizona Parts. It's an appearance improvement....

DSC02014.jpgDSC02016.jpgDSC02017.jpg

DSC02014.jpg

DSC02016.jpg

DSC02017.jpg

Does anyone know how the little black corner piece is suppose to be painted? Is it flat, satin, gloss? Can I paint it with a rattle can? I did include a picture of the NOS C-pillar medallions that I just got from Arizona Parts. It's an appearance improvement....

If their not chipped or damaged, just faded, a little oil base conditioner might spruce them up.
Those emblems look GREAT...... It's in the details....
:icon_thumright:

The spots you see on the face is the paint missing and the picture really doesn't show the forward most angle but all the paint is faded or gone. I was amazed on how much detail and artistic work that Chrysler put into those medallions. Same with the one on the hood ornament and the dash pad.

Great, I have a pair of spares from the Red El Paso car I can paint up.

Do you know if the front lower grills on the NY'ers are painted Argent Silver?

Great, I have a pair of spares from the Red El Paso car I can paint up.

Do you know if the front lower grills on the NY'ers are painted Argent Silver?

Just did mine a couple of weeks ago.
Mine looked like chrome plate so I
spray painted them Rusto Bright Chrome and then hand painted the background satin black.

< Sent from my tablet >

Btw, I once experimented with the Walmart, Rusto, and Krylon side by side. The Rusto was too glossy and Krylon always clogs and spits on me. The Walmart stuff I use constantly.

0060538850912_180X180.jpg

Last edited:
Btw, I once experimented with the Walmart, Rusto, and Krylon side by side. The Rusto was too clossy and the Krylon always clogs and spits on me. The Walmart stuff I use constantly.

< Sent from my tablet >
Wow, A Teamster reccomending Walmart. Disturbing, very disturbing.:BangHead:

Btw, I once experimented with the Walmart, Rusto, and Krylon side by side. The Rusto was too clossy and the Krylon always clogs and spits on me. The Walmart stuff I use constantly.

< Sent from my tablet >

Thanks, I will try it.

Probably the only thing Walmart has exclusively that's better than the big brands. I don't know who makes it for them but damn it's good stuff.

< Sent from my tablet >

Wow, A Teamster reccomending Walmart. Disturbing, very disturbing.:BangHead:

I'd be lynched, beaten, and hung back in Boston.
Seriously!!
Here in Fumbuck County, Walmart has you by the ballz...
I'm going to drive an hour 45 to Lakeland and back? I don't think so....

< Sent from my tablet >

Last edited:
The first time I was ever in a Walmart was 1992 when I came back from overseas. Sure was a different experience in shopping.

In the late 80's, the Boston area never had a "big box" store and we really never knew much about them.
A new big box home supply store was about to open in our town. This is when I owned my hardware store.
A bunch of us business owners got together and took a little "field trip" on opening day to see what all the fuss was about.
One of the group was the town's biggest merchant, an owner of a huge paint & decorating store known for miles around.
He was a devout religious man who never swore in his life.
We all walked in together and stood there aghast at what we saw. Shocked. Stunned. Eyes wide open.
Then you heard the paint store owner say "Oh, Lord, we're F****D".
:rolling::rolling::rolling:

FWIW, here's that same big box store today. HD opened up and put them out of business.
What goes around, comes around.

i2otfr.jpg

Last edited:
Sears was the big box store when I was a kid......pretty much got everything except food. Sears is on the left.

getimage.exe

That neighborhood is a war zone now......that Sears closed 30 years ago....shoplifting/theft closed it down. No big box stores in the ghetto in Milwaukee.....to this day there still isn't any.

getimage.exe

In the 60's and 70's here was Korvettes and Two Guys both have been out for thirty years. The Home Depot is in the Two guys building along with a Pet Smart.thats how big the store was. Along with everything else they had a huge hobby section, a pets section And a food area with ski ball machines.
The Korvettes was two floors including a full furniture section. For the record, a Jefferson Ward then a Bradlees moved in after, both only one floor.

Back