Don Garlits Show - 2016

I also lost my power brake booster which made driving the car a constant sphincter muscle excercise. . .
There might be a technique issue going here as well...:rolleyes:. I am really glad you made down here, it was great to see you again. Glad you were able to get home in one piece... sore sphincter and all.
Supposed to get it back today with the radiator fixed.
I hope that solves it once and for all... Still sucks you not making the southern run... I'll try to spend a few more minutes with you in July...

Will has them I suppose... He hasn't been on for several days... I guess he is on the road... They had quite the agenda set for themselves.

I do...... We got back home yesterday and I will download my pictures sometime today and post. Most will be redundant though.
I made a very interesting contact in the swap area, more to come.

I made a very interesting contact in the swap area, more to come
skeptisch.gif

DSC03435.JPG
DSC03437.JPG
DSC03439.JPG
DSC03442.JPG
DSC03443.JPG
DSC03448.JPG
DSC03449.JPG
DSC03450.JPG
DSC03435.JPG
I went back on Sunday and kicked around for awile, then left early. We loaded up and left Ocala Monday morning and camped on St. George Island on the Gulf coast Monday night, beautiful place. Then to Gulf shores Alabama by Tuesday afternoon.
We transferred all our camping stuff from Connie to the new "old" jayco in Gulf shores and got home yesterday. We'll take this week to winterize, close up and store the place and head back to Gulf shores next week for the winter in our "red neck" condo at the beach.

Anyways, here are the pictures I have to offer of the Garlits meet, even if a week later.

Last edited:
DSC03438.JPG
DSC03474.JPG
Jeff & Vivian arrived Saturday bearing gifts. A set of vintage Mopar New Yorker Mud flaps for Stans NYB. And a poster size print of the only Plymouth Road Runner A12 magazine ad published. (Cars magazine, March 1969), for me. This is a special treat to me as my first NEW car was a 1969 A12 Runner.
It became very evident where the talent in the family lies when Jeff informed me that Vivian was responsible for producing the poster. Thank you Vivian, and we love you too Jeff.

Last edited:
I was hoping for a larger turn out from FCBO, but it was fun visiting with Rip, Stan, Jeff and Doug, plus Ellie, Vivian and Dougs wife. We hopefully added a couple of new faces to the group.
DSC03466.JPG
DSC03465.JPG
DSC03464.JPG

I also grabbed the ear of any Florida Mopar assc member I could find and gave them a well needed lesson on C bodys. There is no C body class. It was as though they had never heard of them. I was told by a couple members that only one came last year, (several of us were there then and by my count there were 14 C body's scattered around the field). I took it upon myself to gather as many C's in one spot as we could, and made a stand. 17 total C-bodys this year. I think they got it. Maybe we'll have a class next time.

They have some HUGE bugs crawling around the ground in Florida....... I would have stepped on it, but it was wearing a C body shirt.
DSC03440.JPG
DSC03441.JPG

This 62 was touted as the first Max Wedge car to be equipped with the Borg Warner T85 3 sp manual trans.
DSC03457.JPG

Last edited:
Glad you had a nice journey Will... and you have certainly scored points with Viv...

Thanks to you guys, Viv now feels a lot more at home in the C body environment... I think she is even starting to covet an Imperial just a little.

Back