Door glass adjustment and questions, 67 Sport Fury

jippek

Reaction score
The cruising season is coming and I need to do the adjustment of the side glasses (which I left behind last summer... :) )

From the FSM I noticed that there should be a weatherstripping attached with the glass slides:

I did not notice that when putting the glass back last summer, but now that I took a second look, the weatherstrip
was there in the channel, moving along the glass but not attached. But it seems shot and I would
need a new one.

Is this the same part:

https://www.yearone.com/Product/1966-74-a-b-e-body/fd32230

or if not, are they available anywhere?

If I understand the FSM correctly, the only way to take the glass out is to
remove also the vent window frame. Did I understand right?

How about the glass rivet for the regulator? How is this "opened"? Little scared to work
close to the glass...

Thanks,

JP

the rivets will break because of age mine did on their own. I replaced them with ones for a A,B or E body I found on e-bay for like $4.00 a pair they work the same and are easier to find as I have never been able to find c body specific ones.

Thanks, I will look for those too, I think I saw a thread about those somewhere.

Should they open so that I push it from the middle?

I just went thru my purchases and I bought the rivets from R/T specialties. I put them thru the glass then used a pair of channel locks to set the center portion into the circle expanding it thus locking it to the glass and channel. hope that helps you I used 2 rivets per window.

Another source

Here's another source, Im not sure if you are in Canada or not. I just replaced the lower window rivet in my 66 monaco convertible. I was actually replacing the front of the passenger window guide clips and had to remove the window to do that. The rivet shown in your pic i had to cut off because I was not sure at the time how they went together. but the center of the rivet(for removal) gets pushed out towards the outer door skin. I couldn't get that to happen. So i just simply cut it and replaced it.

It was a bit of a ***** to get this rivet in for me as there is not much room to get your hand around the bottom of the window and get leverage to put the center pin through to lock the rivet. So i removed the lower window lift track from regulator(just slides off) and installed the rivet while I had the window out of the door. Then as i reinstalled the vent window and side glass assembly, I cranked up the window regulator untill the lift for the lower part of the glass was above the opening in the door. the lift track slid right in and everything went together nicely.

Sorry for long winded post, hope this helps.

cheers

To answer you question about the vent window assembly, for my 66 monaco convertible, the only way to remove the window is by removing the entire vent window assembly. It is not hard to do. For the monaco, in order to slide the glass out of the vent assemble you have to do it from the bottom of the front window channel which is part of the vent window assembly.

Same for reinstalling window, the slide clips slide in from the bottom of the window channel.

Hope this helps

Glen

Thanks guys,

I think I got it now. I found those channel weatherstrips from eBay and they are on the way now. Funny thing with both of the rivet sources, they are small webshops and do not accept Paypal :( I am little careful with putting the credit card info to webshops directly...

to jeppek did you ever find the slides and Pins For the glass and did yours have channel guide felt in the front channel

Back