Down the Newport window whiskers rabbit hole.

Mike McGuire

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello Fellow C Body Enthusiasts,

Although I've tracked down 5 or so sources for inner and outer window whiskers, they all are 'out of stock' on the 68 Newport fastop option, (& verts for that matter)..

I can get generic pieces, where I trim down the pieces and perhaps bend the rear units, but I need to know the right sizes/dimensions.
Does anybody out there in Mopar-land know the specific dimensions of the inner and outer beltline weather strips (aka fuzzies, felts/whiskers...) for front and quarter?

Thanks much.

Mike
p.s. recent pic, rustolium isn't as good as finish coat, but much better! looks great as long as I'm not too close and keep my cheaters off.

rupert progress pic.jpg

I'll suggest you give these guys a call. Top Catwhiskers™ Belt Weatherstrip Kits

Since they make Top Car brand whiskers in house, they might be able to help you. I know when I needed some for my '70 300, they told me that if they didn't have them in stock, they would make them up in their shop. Granted, that was 9 years ago, but it's worth a call.

I have a brand new in the box set that I purchased many years ago and sold the car that they were for 3 years ago. The box is marked 67-68 C Body Fast Top with part number WW276. I don't recall if they are outer's only or outer and inners.

I have a brand new in the box set that I purchased many years ago and sold the car that they were for 3 years ago. The box is marked 67-68 C Body Fast Top with part number WW276. I don't recall if they are outer's only or outer and inners.
Outers is more important at this point. Trying to put some miles on it while it is still Chrysler season. I'll send you a pm. thanks,
Mike

OK, small update. I received a bag of assorted generic whiskers, and comparison revealed only one is close to the factory fuzzy.
And, it is really not that close. black vs. chrome, and different width. But in a pinch.... it might be an ok temporary substitute.

I noticed that some sets of fuzzies (whiskers) have a squeegee (wiper blade of sorts) for the outer fuzzies, and some just have the same fuzzy felt-like material for both the outer and inner pieces.
Also, I'm fairly certain this may deviate between Mopar models & years.

Does anyone have this sorted out, and is able to share the knowledge?

Thanks and Happy Moparing!

whiskers 1.jpg

whiskers 2.jpg

whiskers 3.jpg

whiskers 4.jpg

"
I noticed that some sets of fuzzies (whiskers) have a squeegee (wiper blade of sorts) for the outer fuzzies, and some just have the same fuzzy felt-like material for both the outer and inner pieces.
Also, I'm fairly certain this may deviate between Mopar models & years.
Does anyone have this sorted out, and is able to share the knowledge? "

Back