Dragging calipers on my '73 conversion

I feel like I can finally put this problem to bed. Nothing really new to report, but even with everything that went wrong, I would do it all over again. The brakes feel and respond amazingly. I would challenge any disc set up to out perform this set up.

Taking my wife out to dinner last night, it was a beautiful 35 minute drive along country roads. Goldie honestly has exceeded my expectations on every level since I took possession of her. Such a pleasure to drive, I have always felt you give something up driving a classic, not anymore. I achieved those areas in performance, ride, comfort, and handling, but never satisfied with my brakes. Couldn't be happier driving this classy girl. :)

Last edited:
I feel like I can finally put this problem to bed. Nothing really new to report, but even with everything that went wrong, I would do it all over again. The brakes feel and respond amazingly. I would challenge any disc set up to out perform this set up.

Taking my wife out to dinner last night, it was a beautiful 35 minute drive along country roads. Goldie honestly has exceeded my expectations on every level since I took possession of her. Such a pleasure to drive, I have always felt you give something up driving a classic, not anymore. I achieved those areas in performance, ride, comfort, and handling, but never satisfied with my brakes. Couldn't be happier driving this classy girl. :)

Ain't it great? I just love going down the road looking out over that hood with that 300 emblem staring back at me. The parts car is running so nice now, since I did the ponts, plugs and wars.

I wanted to update this thread, for the last 4 years I was still having some occasional dragging issue, which came to an impass this spring.

To cut to the chase the rubber lines coming off the calipers were too short. The inner lining basically gave out and it was dragging almost immediately this spring. Before I was basically fine for any trip under 20 miles, which is 95% of my driving.

I will get more details later so anyone making a conversion can order the correct length. I know the lines I order were for a 73 and the new ones installed are 2" longer.

When I did the conversion on my 1966 300, the lines were to short also. I had a set of braided stainless made by inline tube. They were not crazy expensive, and worked out perfectly.

Back