Driver opportunity

So I talked to the guy who owns the Cuda today. He is still battling his health issues. Told me he went back in the hospital. And they have changed his meds again. He's having trouble getting his heart back in rythem. He has loaned the car out a few times, but it basically been sitting. He wants to go racing if he can ever get over this health hurdle. All I can say is if I get a shot in I'll do my best. If it ain't meant to be then I'll keep slugging away in my ole Satellite.

Thanks guys. I talked to another guy today about his very fast Footbrake Duster. I was busy going rounds with my car today, so we didn't exchange info. I don't even remember what color his car is LoL. I have seen it. Maybe something will turn up.

Sunday Sunday Sunday

Just got off the phone with Wayne the owner of the Cuda. He called me & said he is ready to give me a shot this weekend. So looks like Sunday one of the tracks is open for testing. He said if I do good he (may) let drive in an upcoming race. If I don't screw that up he (may) let me drive it for the season next year. He said he wants to compete for a championship & wants to move up to the bigger paying races. That's a lot. Big GIANT move in the right direction. He said he was going to tighten the front suspension up so it wouldn't wheel stand on me. He also said he had a less powerfull engine that was good he would put in it if I need that. I'm on cloud 9 tonite. I am going to have some skin in the game. He said he didn't want to pay for my learning curve. So we worked out something. There go's my 410K. Haha just kiddin

Congratulations for the opportunity! Hoping the stars are aligned in your favor.

Just got off the phone with Wayne the owner of the Cuda. He called me & said he is ready to give me a shot this weekend. So looks like Sunday one of the tracks is open for testing. He said if I do good he (may) let drive in an upcoming race. If I don't screw that up he (may) let me drive it for the season next year. He said he wants to compete for a championship & wants to move up to the bigger paying races. That's a lot. Big GIANT move in the right direction. He said he was going to tighten the front suspension up so it wouldn't wheel stand on me. He also said he had a less powerfull engine that was good he would put in it if I need that. I'm on cloud 9 tonite. I am going to have some skin in the game. He said he didn't want to pay for my learning curve. So we worked out something. There go's my 410K. Haha just kiddin

Hey! Way-ta-go on getting a shot as this opportunity. Good luck is with him who is prepared. . . You will do well.

Sweet, you will do good. Just remember breathe, and go on green or a little before.

its a Top ET car. So it has a delay box & a button. Air shift power Glide on a timer. Pretty state of the art machine. Burn out timer. 2 step. It's like I am going from a piper cub to a jet fighter

its a Top ET car. So it has a delay box & a button. Air shift power Glide on a timer. Pretty state of the art machine. Burn out timer. 2 step. It's like I am going from a piper cub to a jet fighter

What the heck is all that stuff? I have a brake and gas pedal! And I have a hard enough time with that! Wishing it was the weekend already

What the heck is all that stuff? I have a brake and gas pedal! And I have a hard enough time with that! Wishing it was the weekend already

LoL Top ET cars have a lot of electronics. You stage the car after the burn out. Hold the trans brake button down. Floor the gas. As soon as the top yellow bulb comes on release the button. The delay box will release the trans brake based on the amount of delay you set of for. The trans is timed to shift via air cylinders. Just one shift on a power glide. It's a 440 stock stroke & Wayne said he has it set to shift at 6400. 6 seconds later(1/8 mile) it's over & whoh Her down & return to pits. Has a play back tach. Look to make sure run was good

LoL Top ET cars have a lot of electronics. You stage the car after the burn out. Hold the trans brake button down. Floor the gas. As soon as the top yellow bulb comes on release the button. The delay box will release the trans brake based on the amount of delay you set of for. The trans is timed to shift via air cylinders. Just one shift on a power glide. It's a 440 stock stroke & Wayne said he has it set to shift at 6400. 6 seconds later(1/8 mile) it's over & whoh Her down & return to pits. Has a play back tach. Look to make sure run was good

In laymans terms
1.set linelock do burnout
2. roll up to prestaged light, courtesy let other driver get into light then light staged bulb
3. hold transbrake button and floor loud pedal
4. let go of transbrake button and hold on to get **** scared out of yourself when car leaves on its own and hopefully does not go completely skyward.

Have fun Bob wish I was there.

You make it sound so easy. LoL I'll find a way to screw that up. Just waite

Last edited:
Test day

I talked to Wayne again last night. He said he is feeling really good & is looking forward to racing again. He said the Cuda has about 550 horse power. Compared to 285 in my Satellite. So that's about twice the power & about the same weight. He said there is 3 things he's going to watch me on. How well I do the burn out , how well I stage the car & how well I release the button. The burn out procedure is different than my current car, but I don't see that being a big hurdle. Staging with all the electronics & trans brake is different, but again I think I can get that down quickly. Releasing the trans brake on the top bulb is WAY different than what I do in "The Beast" so there is what concerns me. May take a while to get that down. Also it sounds like he wants to race every weekend next season. Wants 1 driver & only 1. So that means I likely wouldn't have time to run my slug. If I pass the audition Wayne & I are going to have to work out a schedule. My old slug is slow, buts it's fun to play with

Back