Driver opportunity

Awesome Bob! keep in mind you didnt get lucky, he saw something he liked. keep us posted please

Thank you Rwc. I think it was my personality and the 10 or so drivers he talked to already had rides. Guess I'll give Bob a shot he must of been thinking

LoL Top ET cars have a lot of electronics. You stage the car after the burn out. Hold the trans brake button down. Floor the gas. As soon as the top yellow bulb comes on release the button. The delay box will release the trans brake based on the amount of delay you set of for. The trans is timed to shift via air cylinders. Just one shift on a power glide. It's a 440 stock stroke & Wayne said he has it set to shift at 6400. 6 seconds later(1/8 mile) it's over & whoh Her down & return to pits. Has a play back tach. Look to make sure run was good

I always wondered how a delay box worked, thanks for explaining it. I just never asked anyone! The launch experience sounds like riding along when someone else is driving.

Well today is the day. I'm headed over to his place in a few minutes to pic him up. Decide I'd tow it with my truck. I'm a litte nervous. Wish me luck that all go's well & I don't make fool of myself. The air is real good today. Too good. Damn thing is going to be hauling the mail

1st pass

Wayne asked me to be easy on this first one. Staged at 2500. 6400 shift. 6.17 eight mile. 10.41 quarter mile.

Time ticket

I'm in the left lane.

image.jpg

image.jpg

2nd & 3rd passes

Car started skating & I was chasing it so I cracked the throttle & then coasted across the line. So Wayne got in it & it did the same thing with him. He hasen't driven it in 2 years & it may just have been 2 inexperienced drivers. Anyway the seat is way to high. The steering wheel is between my knees. The safety harness was too short. The crotch strap & lap belts where tight fellas. He has agreed to move the seat down & to let me test it again soon. If I can get more comfortable I can hit the tree I think. I was squished in that A body

image.jpg

You sound like a big guy Mr. Bob, But I think you will do Him and that car Great Justice.

You sound like a big guy Mr. Bob, But I think you will do Him and that car Great Justice.

haha. Well at 6'3 235 I ain't little, but not big. I have my car set up for me. And this car is set up for someone way smaller than me. The roll cage has a seat back brace by rule. On his car it's welded & sticks out quite a ways preventing moving the seat back. On my car it's adjustable & my seat is way low about an inch & a quarter from the floor. His seat is 4 inches from the floor

Did you figure out why it was skating? Sounds like you did what he was looking for, all things considered.

Did you figure out why it was skating? Sounds like you did what he was looking for, all things considered.

I I hope so. He said he's going to let me test it again after the seat gets lowered. I think it was skating cause I got out of the groove. Lost the bite

Shifter

Another thing is it has a TCI shifter in it. Which has a tiny T handle. My car has a big B&M T handle. That TCI just feels so tiny in my hand. On one of the burnouts my had slipped off the line loc. Driving someone else's car take a lot to get used to

Hum......so I get home late tonite & I have a message from the guy who owns the Cuda. Says he hasent heard from me in a while & wants to chat. Well that got my attention. So I called him (it was 10:30 tonite) maybe shouldn't have done that , but I won't be able to sleep now. Hoping he wants to give me another shot in the Cuda. Maybe he really does just want to chat. I know he has tried at least 3 other drivers. I don't think he was too happy with the last guy. Anyway cross your fingers for me. Crazy thing is I was actually thinking about him on the way home. Thinking I should give him a call. If I can get him to lower the seat & move it back a bit I will be way more comfortable & can drive much better. I'm 6'4 & he is 5'10

Bummer... I'm sorry, it sounds like a hell of a way to spend your weekends, and probably a lot of your other free time. So you really only got the one test session?

Back