Driver opportunity

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Went to meet with the owner of this car today. 440 Barracuda Top ET car. Low 6 second car. High 9's in the quarter. He had a heart attack & can no longer drive it. Has had 3 different drivers. They all had their own cars. The last time out it won the Top ET Memorial Day Sunday race at Rockingham dragway. He was complaining at the track last week that he can't find a driver. So I asked if he would consider me. He watched me run my Footbrake car that day & after the race he asked for my phone #. Said he would call me in a few days. He's going to let me do a test & tune with it & if I don't screw up he'll let me drive it. So wish me luck. This is a very good car & a nice step up. I told him I still want to run my FB car & he agreed that's fine, but wants to race his too. He doesn't want me to drive both cars the same day. I know the guy who built this car & he is extremely talented. This car has been raced around here for over 20 years. Always admired it. Never thought I'd get a chance to wheel it

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Awesome! Getting the nod to wheel that is something to be excited about. Keep the Info and pics coming

Seems like most guys get faster in someone else's car. Probably an obvious reason. Friend of mine had a road runner he couldn't get enough out of, until an old guy hanging around the pits convinced him to drive it like he didn't own it.

He's done a lot in the past. Has a pacemaker now & is clearly still a little frail. So I imagine I will be doing some. Hopefully it won't need much

That's awesome you have the chance to Race that you must be a hell of a racer Bob.

Thanks fellas. Now to find a Test date. Looking over the schedules of area tracks last night. Not much. I really don't want to test at a race. Everybody & their brother will be along the fence to watch me make a fool of myself.

Picture all of them in their underwear.
Congrats on the opportunity, that alone speaks volumes.

I don't think I want to see them in their underwear. I would have to have therapy. The car owner (Wayne) told me It would take 3 races for me to get used to it. He seemed to be willing to put up with me for that long. After that I think he wants to see the car going rounds. I'll be 53 in a few weeks. Clock is ticking on my butt. I've always wanted to drive a Pro Stock car. This car is fast, but a long ways from a Pro car

That's a stout looking ride. I hope someday my Dart will look that nasty. Hope all goes well when you test.

Man I talked to the car owner today to see where he was at as far as putting me in the car for a test. Test sessions are hard to come by right now. We just have not be able to get together on a week day due to our schedules & there has been a lot of afternoon T storms. When I was at his place looking the car over I pointed out a few things my car was flaged for by tech at the tracks I race at. So good news is he told me he was fixing some of those issues. So that sounds like he wants me to drive it at tracks I'm familiar with. He told me he would get back with me. I sure hope this doesn't slip through my fingers due to circumstances beyond my controll. Fingers crossed. I guess in the mean time I'll be in my old modified car

Lord no. I have an auto touch-up business for New Car dealers. I do minor to medium paint repair, scratches, headlights, wheels, plastic, stains, scratches on glass, bed liner & under coating, etc. that's why I am so busy during warm months. Dead as a door nail in Jan-Feb mainly due to the weather.

Back