Dumb things people did at car shows...

And there was the young "metric" guy who saw our 69 Chrysler 300 and said.... I didn't know they made 300's back then! I didn't have an answer for him so said nothing.
You could have said, where do you think they got the idea from!

About ten years ago, I had a beautiful 1941 Plymouth PT25 pickup. A bit of a hot rod! Lots of Offy and Clifford speed parts on the 1958 Plymouth flattie.

I had it at a show, and a young family came up to look at it. The kids, 5 and 8, wanted to see the interior. Dad said "don't touch!" and they minded well. I was right there and asked the kids if they'd like to see inside and sit in it. They were all over that idea, so with Dad's permission, I opened the door and said "get in!"...they both dug that a lit! Mom took pics of them in the truck. Dad and the kids thanked me for letting them sit in it, and two kids got to appreciate a truck older than their grandparents. It was fun, and it didn't hurt anyone or anything to do that. Do I do that at every show? No. Gotta be in the right mood, and whoever asks, has to have a functioning brain.

About ten years ago, I had a beautiful 1941 Plymouth PT25 pickup. A bit of a hot rod! Lots of Offy and Clifford spied parts on the 1958 Plymouth flattie.

I had it at a show, and a young family came up to look at it. The kids, 5 and 8, wanted to see the interior. Dad said "don't touch!" and they minded well. I was right there and asked the kids if they'd like to see inside and sit in it. They were all over that idea, so with Dad's permission, I opened the door and said "get in!"...they both dug that a lit! Mom took pics of them in the truck. Dad thanked me for meeting them sit in it, and two kids got to appreciate a truck older than their grandparents. It was fun, and it didn't hurt anyone or anything to do that. Do I do that at every show? No. Gotta be in the right mood, and whoever asks, has to have a functioning brain.
During the time I had the wagon, I had kids in the third row a few times while mom and dad told them about how they used to ride like that at their age.

Last edited:
It wasn't a car show, but a club meeting for San Diego Mopars car club more than a decade (or two) ago.
Our cars were parked in the lot of the restaurant and some kids were riding skateboards and bicycles between the cars.
A few of us went out and asked nicely for them to use a different part of the parking lot. They changed for a couple minutes, then went back around our cars. We had more than 10 (not tiny) guys in the club, we all ran out in a group yelling and screaming at the kids, they **** their pant and beet feet, we didn't see them again. They should have taken the first "hint"

I went to a car show today. Fantastic turnout and a great venue, but there always has to be these.

What's not shown on this is the color changing LEDs around the headlights that went all day.

yRMG1hA.jpg

To be fair to the next guy, this car is actually a real beauty and the pics don't do it justice. But we have the show sign and the model on the hood rotated. Both take away from a really nice car. The sign, if done right, could be OK, but this is really just a picture of the car.

5qoeyNR.jpg

I went to a car show today. Fantastic turnout and a great venue, but there always has to be these.

What's not shown on this is the color changing LEDs around the headlights that went all day.

View attachment 400543

To be fair to the next guy, this car is actually a real beauty and the pics don't do it justice. But we have the show sign and the model on the hood rotated. Both take away from a really nice car. The sign, if done right, could be OK, but this is really just a picture of the car.

View attachment 400544
Love the colour/stripe combo on this...

yrmg1ha-jpg.jpg

View attachment 400543

View attachment 400544
People are such tools

I was taught from a young age not to touch someone else's car. That's part of the reason my boss doesn't like working on classics anymore, when one is in the shop we need to be extremally careful with the paint and have to watch everyone else around them. I have caught more then one customer leaning against a classic.

Had that exact stroller thing happen to me at Woodward in '08 when I'd parked the Batwagon in the Ball Field "park" at 13 mile and Woodward and yes the little gremlin did leave scratches on my left fender with the bottom of hiz little sneakers. And then the bich had the audacity to cuss me out when I called her on it. Had to keep myself in check that time from knocking on her forehead and asking if their was anyone home in there, SHISH .. Same year Chip Foose was set up on the Ball Diamond strutting around like a Peacock trying to act important

Hey neighbor!
We used to rent the Jax Car Wash lot right across 13 mi in that triangle with Coolidge.
I witnessed three fights among the drunks walking along Woodward that day. Nothing to do with car watching.

Back