Ebay - 1962 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdk2010

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not Mine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Im...d13bc126b&item=331043574379&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

(back for a second eBay listing, came within $100 of reserve last time around! More photos added!)

Here is your chance to restore a rust-free survivor/driver, rather than undo someone else’s bad work from decades ago. This car was a daily-driver in Tucson, until I brought it back home to the Detroit area. First I had to get it back to Phoenix, about 110 miles in 110-degree heat. Back then, only the right-rear window worked… The car made it, but I nearly didn’t. Since then I’ve gotten all the windows working again, but they really should be removed, cleaned and lubed.

That’s a good analogy for the whole car…

For example: The car starts easily and runs smooth, but the performance is down a bit (I’ve owned many Imperials). No smoke, so the rings are probably good. The brakes stop well, but the vacuum booster isn’t doing much anymore. Tires are great. The electroluminescent cluster works, but the dimmer needs to be cleaned. Temp gauge works, oil pressure doesn’t. Fuel gauge works halfway. Radio plays, but the volume is weak. HVAC buttons work, but they are stiff and need lubrication. Power seat works, but left-rear outside door handle doesn’t. Some chrome looks great, (taillights) other pieces have pitting (headlights). Paint is mostly original with lacquer touch-ups where it has worn thin. The seats/dashpad/door panels and weather stripping are hardened/crumbled, but there is enough to make a pattern. Trunk carpet and accessories are all present, but very dirty. 1972 Arizona inspection sticker is still present; on a cracked windshield.

Are you seeing the pattern here?

This is a great candidate for a either a full restoration, or get the bugs worked out between cruise nights! (I drove it in a parade.) If your plan is to paint it flat black and add skulls and spiderweb graphics, please don’t tell me. This would be a great car for you European Mopar lovers (who I’ve sold to on multiple occasions). Original carburetor and air cleaner are in the trunk. The pieces are all here and the reserve is low; just needs LABOR! How low is that reserve? Low enough that it would normally get you a beater mid-00s Ford Taurus!

I would suggest you see the video…

Look me up on the YouTube, my user name is Carmine440 and you'll find a test-drive of the car. Read the feedback from my eBay car sales.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I read it to mean it's a mechanical nightmare...
His attitude: If it stops working, fuggit. Give it another coat of Turtle Wax.

I read it to mean it's a mechanical nightmare...
His attitude: If it stops working, fuggit. Give it another coat of Turtle Wax.

The fact he's especially inviting the European Mopar friends to buy is also suspicous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back