Edd China on leaving Wheeler Dealers

jct

Reaction score
there was too much "Shop time" in the show and not enough product placement.

the only reason i watched

Bummer, he is a good mechanic and really showed what a ***** it is to do some simple jobs on some cars and how some fixes are easy made complicated by bad previous owners.

That was the only car show that I ever watched. I really liked that there was no product placement and he actually did the work and got dirty doing it. I also liked the emphasis on using what was there rather than welding on some "trick of the week" parts from a sponsor.

That was the only show I watched on Velocity and had to give it up when I decided to not give the cable company as much money as they thought they should rob me of every month... and the only one I missed out of everything.

Shame to see it go... But I think he'll be back with something else.

First Top Gear and now this! Oh, well-back to my DVD collection of Columbo and Carol Burnett I guess!

The product placement BS is precisely why I don't watch the majority of car shows. Shame about WD, though. Shows Edd has class and character!

Its all about money. Velocity wants to make money with product placement, versus actual work on a vehicle. ***** all you want to them, it will do no good.

Back