Enough is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yl8ar.jpg

One of my favorite movies... Used Cars. I first saw it at the drive-in double billed with Hollywood Knights. Driving a 340 4 speed '69 Dart with a sweet young thing with me. Life was good.
Used-Cars-trailer-still.jpg

O.K. lets go the opposite direction of the point of this blog.....yesterday I posted a '63 Dodge 880 that looked pretty fair condition for 2k.....88 people looked at it and zero for comments......its like I'm wasting my time putting it here. More people looked at and blogged to complain on this issue than comment on the car I listed. What then is the real reason for the website.

I complained about the complaint . I usually do not pick a car apart as I tend to defend the vehicle being picked on.Of the 88 people that looked at it how many called about it? You dont know but you may have sold the car . If I had interest I'm either gonna say nothing OR talk the car down to steer other interested parties ..

My thoughts:
  1. I hated when Paul posted a car with no link, no pics, nothing. Everybody that wanted to look at it had to dig thru the same steps. And he did this in a Yahoo group I was on, too. I'm not knocking him personally, I'm just saying if you want to post a car, do the extra work for us boys. (like Marpar said)
  2. I like the 'not mine', because then I can feel free to critique the car (I've gotten some TYs for my attention to detail) and I don't want to criticize a member's car.
  3. This is a big one for me - if everyone would post as much info in a FS title as possible it would help us know which ones we want to look at. 2-digit year, car model only (we all know a Polara is a Dodge), body type, color, location, price, maybe a pertinent detail - use the whole title field! Don't just copy the ebay or CL title...
  4. If we have a 'not-member's-car' section, we're likely gonna get a lot more double-threading and dual discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back