Epic Whoops thread.

A customer of my boss had this towed in, it's a 78-79 Camaro, but this is the whoops part. The guy's son says it has a oil leak and won't start...... So I put it on the hoist and find this......

View attachment 522691

I put a socket and ratchet on the crank and the engine won't roll, pulled the drain plug and coolant came out first. I am guessing a broken piston or rod and it broke through a cylinder wall. WHOOPS.
That's not a whoops, that's just a typical day in the life of a Chevy.

I-90, mile marker 80 (east of Rapid City) today.
We saw several trailers and semis in the center divider.
Too fast, too slick, too windy.
88CD689D-58F8-4236-ADF2-2A61BB170680.jpeg
26AC0983-10E3-41A3-A13B-AD225B136929.jpeg

Sights like these are getting to be a daily occurrence around here. Latest claim to fame celerity DUI manslaughter case involved a WWE Hall-A-Famer with multiple DUI's just the other day (sorry no pictures on that one).

****.HAPPENS.DAILY.001.jpg

****.HAPPENS.DAILY.002.jpg

****.HAPPENS.DAILY.003.jpg

Getting to look like Ukraine at the local Ghettoville WalMart.

****.HAPPENS.DAILY.004.Ghettoville.WalMart.Car.Fire.jpg

Like the saying goes, "nobody sweats the details like GM, and they don't"!!!
I forgot I should of posted the companion screenshot of that cylinder, the guy that was tearing it down (engine salvage guy) said he's never seen such a destroyed engine, Engine was out of a pickup truck.

I.DO.CARS.454_002.jpg

I forgot I should of posted the companion screenshot of that cylinder, the guy that was tearing it down (engine salvage guy) said he's never seen such a destroyed engine, Engine was out of a pickup truck.

View attachment 525874

You should see what happens to 6L90 transmissions. I just traded in my 2014 GMC with 150k on the clock. Tranny was toast. My 06 Duramax will be the last GM I ever buy.

Back