Epic Whoops thread.

Wow, look at that. Impressive. Did you drain everything first?

Hmmm, now I'm getting ideas.....
no fluids were drained out of the car.
the battery was taken out.
because of possible leaks from the old original axle seal the drum on the low side was taken off to avoid brake shoe contamination.
this was a good idea because there was some leakage.
spark plugs on the low side were removed and engine cranked to reduce chance of oil buildup.
oil dipstick capped - if the car would have been tilted on the passenger side then trans dipstick would have been sealed.
ps fluid cap was on tight so no leaks from that.
master cyl cap was checked for tightness.

putting the car on its side for power washing and wirewheeling at chest height is waaay better than doing from underneath !
the car was cranked down level at the end of each day it was being worked on to lessen any chance of leaks.

and then it was flipped the other way to make sure all the previously low areas were got at properly.
unfortunately i dont have any pics of the painted and sealed underside of the car.

on a car with a roof you can just use 1 unit but my buddy had 2 and the car is a convert so 2 were used to minimize flex.
when we do another car i will document it much more thoroughly

no fluids were drained out of the car.
the battery was taken out.
because of possible leaks from the old original axle seal the drum on the low side was taken off to avoid brake shoe contamination.
this was a good idea because there was some leakage.
spark plugs on the low side were removed and engine cranked to reduce chance of oil buildup.
oil dipstick capped - if the car would have been tilted on the passenger side then trans dipstick would have been sealed.
ps fluid cap was on tight so no leaks from that.
master cyl cap was checked for tightness.

putting the car on its side for power washing and wirewheeling at chest height is waaay better than doing from underneath !
the car was cranked down level at the end of each day it was being worked on to lessen any chance of leaks.

and then it was flipped the other way to make sure all the previously low areas were got at properly.
unfortunately i dont have any pics of the painted and sealed underside of the car.

on a car with a roof you can just use 1 unit but my buddy had 2 and the car is a convert so 2 were used to minimize flex.
when we do another car i will document it much more thoroughly

Awesome. Do you have the information on the tilter apparatus you used?

Awesome. Do you have the information on the tilter apparatus you used?
i will get the details, i know its not new and i believe Eastwood sold em 15-20 yrs ago. i think its a european design.
my buddy searched for quite a few years to get it

I’d love to know how much it costs. It sure looks like an awesomely useful tool.
I believe it’s this. There is an old Facebook page from last year about these. The son of the inventor is selling off the stock of remaining units. Just google Liqui Vehicle Tilter and you will find it.

3DC2FD12-CD08-4830-9A21-D9E92649206C.jpeg

Here in Atlantic Canada, our roads get covered in snow/slush/brine. I'm wondering how this can affect EV's. Then owners often park them in attached garages. These vehicles are all relatively new, but as they age, develop rust and factory sealing deteriorates????? Just thinking. Lindsay

Electric Cars getting transported on an open deck catch on fire after the salt water shorts their batteries.
tumblr_rrn7g9t1dJ1zlxqpx.mp4

Here in Atlantic Canada, our roads get covered in snow/slush/brine. I'm wondering how this can affect EV's. Then owners often park them in attached garages. These vehicles are all relatively new, but as they age, develop rust and factory sealing deteriorates????? Just thinking. Lindsay
This reminds me of the recent case in (I think) Florida, where some flooded-out Teslas caught fire.

“Get rid of that Pinto (or similarly accused vehicle model) and buy yourself a Tesla,” they said. “It’s so much safer,” they said.

Back