Everything works except instrument lights?

NWMoparguy

Reaction score
On my 68 Fury III all the interior accessory lights work except the ones that run along that metal plate (can't think of a better word for it) directly above the instrument cluster. Has anyone dealt with this before? Is there a ground specifically for that? I tried the bulbs and they are fine. The accessory light with the on/off switch that is mounted to that same 'plate' works too. Any ideas?

can't say for a 68, but on a 69 they are a separate circuit from the other interior lights. they are linked by an orange wire controlled by the dash light dimmer. oh, and they ground through the metal plate.

very good possibility. there are three wires on the back of it, but i can't remember off the top of my head how to use a jumper to see if the lights work.if you have a wiring diagram, you should be able to figure it out.there is a guy on ebay that rebuilt mine. he goes by devinism. did a great job. $75

My 69 lights quit working the same as yours. Troubleshooting led to the reastat in the dash switch, which is a real pain to swap out. I jumped from the running lamp fuse to the dash light fuse at the fuse box and they work when the ign switch is on now. Just can't dim them.
I'll get bored one day and swap out the switch.

Back