Evil Bay Rant

Moseman

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well. I just have to do this. I am pointing the finger at myself for being too trusting. I purchased a "REMAN RV2 Compressor" off of Ebay last year at this time. I opened it up, it looked like it had been stored quite a while, so I took it to a local A/C shop to have it inspected. They refused and said that that is too old for them to know much about. So, I tucked it away in my heated and air conditioned shop until got to that part of the build. I have been researching early 70's Temp II systems and the unique vavves in the compressor that the Temp II system has. I know a lot more now, and have looked into several spare compressors. So, I decided to look at this remanufactured compressor. Well, I got scammed. It is all rusted inside and is totally useless. I guess I have learned my lesson on buying some stuff off of Ebay. See below. BTW, the seller is Security Measure

20231226_141857.jpg
20231226_141910.jpg
20231226_142113.jpg
20231226_142153.jpg

Well. I just have to do this. I am pointing the finger at myself for being too trusting. I purchased a "REMAN RV2 Compressor" off of Ebay last year at this time. I opened it up, it looked like it had been stored quite a while, so I took it to a local A/C shop to have it inspected. They refused and said that that is too old for them to know much about. So, I tucked it away in my heated and air conditioned shop until got to that part of the build. I have been researching early 70's Temp II systems and the unique vavves in the compressor that the Temp II system has. I know a lot more now, and have looked into several spare compressors. So, I decided to look at this remanufactured compressor. Well, I got scammed. It is all rusted inside and is totally useless. I guess I have learned my lesson on buying some stuff off of Ebay. See below. BTW, the seller is Security Measure

View attachment 634652View attachment 634653View attachment 634654View attachment 634655
Wow, sorry to see that.

get ahold of the seller, maybe he has multiples and mixed them up.

Well with 205 Neutrals and 166 Negatives in the past 12 months what would you expect.
I know it's a high volume seller but that many Newt's & Neg's in 12 months is bad news.

Always inspect right away. Ebay is buyer oriented and you could have gotten money back. I have been scammed several times that way when I sold things that were actually exactly as described...so there are buyers that do this too. Anyway, you should report it to ebay.

Yes must protect yourself as a seller so you don’t get reverse scammed. Happens more and more as economy is getting bad.

I bought a ECU from them years ago that was advertised as NOS Standard brand from the 80s, the old chrome looking ECU. What showed up was older blue colored ECU of unknown origin. Did not reply to my messages, so I kept it and left bad feedback.

I bought a ECU from them years ago that was advertised as NOS Standard brand from the 80s, the old chrome looking ECU. What showed up was older blue colored ECU of unknown origin. Did not reply to my messages, so I kept it and left bad feedback.
Darn, too bad, so a volume seller that sells stuff that is somewhat missrepresented. As I stated, I know that I will not get my money back, nor will Ebay help me. I waited too long. I should have torn it apart, but at that time, I was involved in my house build, so I just stashed it away! My bad.

I mean... if you have the sellers address you COULD try small claims, just have it documented that the part was garbage and you want money back. But I'm not giving legal advice here...just personal expierience.

If you decide to return anything ebay purchased for any reason, 30 days is the magic window. Ebay will screw the seller before the customer if it's in the 30 day window.
Sorry to hear about it.

Sorry to hear. I got my rebuilt RV2 w/o clutch for my 71' Newport off this guy from ebay :
billbt123 on eBay

It's been a year and a half and runs just fine. Cooling is great.

Don't forget, any RV2 compressors you can find now are on their third time around now.
At some point, one has to give the originality a pass and upgrade to Sanden.

You are incorrect in calling it an Ebay rant. You can rant about the seller you purchased this from (wow check their feedback first before buying) . It's wrong of you to imply that all sellers misrepresent their products and are scammers. My rant over!

Back