For Sale EW1 White Imperial for sale (23k miles, Rockford IL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Mine. Car is stored inside at @71Polara383's shop in Rockford, IL.

Clear title. Ownership trail from new: paperwork consistent with the 23,265 miles on the odometer.

Last driven in 2009: the engine does not turn. Solid project that I acquired in Arizona this summer. Sunbaked interior but excellent, straight body and virtually no rust. Lots of photos and more details in three posts yesterday on the Imperial forum.

Reason for selling: even with Wyatt's help, I don't have the time for more than three cars; I just acquired a 1970 N-code Polara 'vert that I felt I could not afford to miss, so the Imperial unfortunately has gotta go.

Please PM me if interested.

PS: Asking $2,300 on FCBO, which is what I paid (excluding transportation). An ad will go on FB and/or CL for $2,500 after I've given a fair shot on FCBO.

resized_20190915_165630-jpg.jpg

Y: Imperial
M: LeBaron (Medium)
43: 4 Door Hardtop

T: 440 cid 4 barrel V8 (215hp net)
3: 1973
C: Jefferson Avenue, MI, USA

280992: Sequence number

E85: 440 cid 4 barrel V8 (215hp net)
D34: Automatic Transmission

EW1: Eggshell White Exterior Color
PDY4: Trim - Premium, Cloth Divided 3-in-1 Bench Seat, Gold/Black
JY5: Gold Int. Door Frames

504: Build Date: May 04
392183: Order number

V1Y: Full Vinyl Top, Gold

H53: AutoTemp II
R48: Power Antenna
L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
L35: Cornering Lamps
M45: Fender Skirts
P33: Power Vent Windows
P41: Power Door Locks
G11: Tinted Glass (all)
R31: Rear Seat Speaker(s)

Last edited:
Asking $2,300 on FCBO, which is what I paid (excluding transportation). An ad will go on FB and/or CL for $2,500 after I've given it a shot on FCBO.

Last edited:
I have been out to Wyatt's shop. I have seen this car and can say it is well documented, and it is a fair price. If I had not just purchased the Newport, I would be working out a deal on this one.

Does the engine turn at all - you say it does not turn freely, so some clarification might be helpful?
Thanks

When the car first arrived, one got the impression that it wanted to turn. But, it does not turn. I have edited the post to be sure there is no confusion.

To eliminate the rest of the confusion did you try turning it over with a socket on the crankshaft or just with the battery and starter?

Always liked that dealer decal with the weird looking King on it.

I took a nonrefundable deposit today on Elsie. The buyer (who AFAIK is not a member but has traded cars with a couple of members) has a track record of restorations suggesting that he has the ability to do right by her.

So all should be well that finishes well, with special thanks to @71Polara383 for his help advertising the car. :)

Last edited:
I'm keeping close communication with buyer. He sold me McGoldy last year. Love to see his progress with her engine issue. If he gets bored with her after she's running I might put in my name in the hat to take her. He tends to sell them once the first wave of major issues get addressed. He likes to rescue them and move on to others in need. He's a good guy saving many makes and models.

I have been out to Wyatt's shop. I have seen this car and can say it is well documented, and it is a fair price. If I had not just purchased the Newport, I would be working out a deal on this one.

Gee, I'm glad you didn't say to this guys car what you said to my 73 Imperial last year.

traintech55 said:
Very easy to repair everything with this one. Just jack up the radiator cap and roll a new car under it.

Yeah, I'm sure everyone here selling something is glad your the expert putting your 2 cents on their posts.
My, My, My, awfully thin skinned aren't we. Thank you for providing the link to your original posting, made it so much easier to find it. NOW, as I, (and a whole lot of other members commented), ANYBODY who tries to sell a car needing a COMPLETE roof for what you wanted for it, must be smoking some great stuff. Glad they are finally legalizing it. Keep up the good work, the world is such a good place with you in it. Happy New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back