Experience with 17" wheels on a 68' 300 or similiar c-body?

sprice

Reaction score
I am looking at the 17" x 7" American Racing 500 Mono Cast wheel for this car. Anybody with similar size wheels with a "O" offset and have you experienced any issues with fender or frame rub? Any yeas or neahs is regarding whole idea is appreciated.

Should be no problem with the fender skirts.
Zero offset is the key.
Tire size I can suggest 2356017 which is 28 inches tall (same as 8.55-14 O.E.)
oR 2454517 which is 27.6 and is a more common tire size to shop for.
Hope this helps.
There is a big thread here about wheel and tire fitment on our C's

Last edited:
17 x 8's up front and 17 x 9's out back but the rear springs were moved inboard a little bit. Search this site for photos of the Flyin Whale for more.
Flyin Whale Right Front.jpg
IMG_2079.JPG
IMG_2081.JPG

As mentioned, tire section width dimension is one aspect of things. Chrysler wagons usually had 9.00x14 tires on them, usually mounted on 14x6.5" wheels.

Our '66 Newport had some rubber boots on the outer tie rod ends, for apparent protection from road splash (for the rubber boot on the TRE), but my '67 didn't have them. On the Golden Sonic 8.55x14 tires we had on it for a while, and especially with the BFG H78x14 Silvertown belteds, there was a rub-spot on the inner sidewall where slight contract was made between the boot and tire. Not usually a place where you might suspect tire/suspension interference. But probably won't be an issue with 17" wheels.

The '67 now has P245/70x14 BFG Advantage T/As on it (NOS from Coker, circa 1982), on 14x6.5" station wagon wheels, so it'll be getting some type of 15" wheel upgrade when I start driving it again. The VN501s are a great choice!

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Back