Extreme Dodge Challenger in the works

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/04/02/extreme-dodge-challenger-in-works/?intcmp=features

challenger-dunham-660.jpg

“We get a lot of requests for the Challenger, not so much the Charger"...............that's because the modern dodge charger is UGLIER than hell.......duuuuuhhh.

dodge charger 70 02.jpg

2013-Dodge-Charger-Pic.jpg

The Charger doesn't even remotely looks like a Charger.

In my opinion, the only thing going for it is the drivetrain.

The name shouldnt have been put on that car or a four door for that matter....

Those cars are uglier than homemade sin

I'd buy a 300 over a Charger but the Charger is certainly not ugly.

Race ready challenger with the v-10, I've been asking for that since the challenger was still in concept, I would consider that on the lines of a super car with the likes of the Bugatti in my eyes!

The Chrysler Group has got a nice selection of rear wheel drive performance cars available and they're selling! Is it that difficult not to be like a cold wet towel.

The initial "new" Charger was a concept, and a 2 door coupe style. Even though it bore little resemblance to it's namesake it was cool and exciting.

Then came the production model...... A 4 door Charger.....? I just never got over that.
I still have to admit.... The police version does have a sinister look to it.

I've seen a bunch of Maryland and Delaware Police cars. Some even were unmarked. The cops seem to be always driving WOT when I see them.

The Cop Charger is getting a lot of bad reviews from the cops themselves. Too damn uncomfortable and horrible ergonomics.
But they are F****D. The new Caprice and Taurus coppers aren't any bigger or better.
Bring back the B-body Caprices and the Crown Vics please!!!

Now these are badazz...

ford_pi.jpg

22624350045_large.jpg

Last edited:
As for modern cars, I love the retro look of the Challenger. I can't say that I'm crazy about the proposed SRT Barracuda though. I guess the car looks okay but why call it a Barracuda? It has no resemblance to any of the past Barracudas at all. The Charger was a disappointment in the looks department. I was hoping for more of a retro look. Oh well, at least it's rear wheel drive this time! (Think mid '80's, the last time the name Charger was used.) I was actually surprised that the modern Charger and Magnum didn't share the same front sheet metal to cut costs. I liked the Crown Vic's and the short lived '03 Mauraders and also think that the Crown Vic's were much better cars than the Taurus will ever be. Same for the B-body Caprices and the Impala SS of the late '90's. The new version can't compare IMO. Caprices and Crown Victorias were born to be cop cars.

Bring back the Cordoba...or the Imperial for that matter. LOL!

Back