Factory tach for Fusie

Status
Not open for further replies.
No...........its not a direct bolt in but you could probably "make it work".

I was thinking if it will fit where the clock go`s on the 69` 300 or is it too big

As Polara71 stated it might "look" like it could fit...but there is a 95% chance that the way it mounts to the gauge cluster is totally different. It would not be a drop in and go...you would have to fabricate some sort of adapter to make it work. I would not even consider cutting an original fury tach to make it work.....NO NO NO NO!!!

I have seen two of those tachs in person. Guy I was buying C-body parts from years ago had a used one, and an NOS one! I had my 70 Fury at the time and tried to buy one...neither were for sale. :(

I was thinking if it will fit where the clock go`s on the 69` 300 or is it too big
I agree, don't waste a rare piece like this trying to make it fit where it's not supposed to. I would like to put a tach behind the clock opening of my '71's dash too. I'm thinking of just buying a small aftermarket tach. Probably remove it from it's housing and modify it to make it fit. I refuse to cut my dash too.:)

I was looking at those square B-body tachs...the 68-70 Non-ralleye dash units. I'm pretty sure you could make one of those work where the square clock is used on most C-bodies. Again "some fabrication" might be needed...:D

I was looking at those square B-body tachs...the 68-70 Non-ralleye dash units. I'm pretty sure you could make one of those work where the square clock is used on most C-bodies. Again "some fabrication" might be needed...:D

There is a thought someone please give it a try and get back to the group with your results. I need three of them.

no way I would ever mess with such a rare item or would I altured my dash to make it fit if I could not bring it back to original , but that would look so nice on my "C " body.

Just out of curiousity, what was the correct application for the tach? Until I read through the entire post did I learn that it would not directly bolt in to my 73' Polara.

Jimmy, the tach would fit the 1969/70/71 Fury dash, also the 71 Polara / Monaco Dash... Looking at a 73 dashboard i believe it would also fit the 72's and the 73's, they just werent available for them

I may be wrong on this because it is such an uncommon option I believe the 69/70/71 Fury and the 71 Polara/ Monaco

Hmmm... I wonder.......

:pocket_decoder:I wonder if anyone in the viewing audience has a photo of one installed?

105_0715.jpg

105_0715.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back