FCBO deleting comments.

crv

Reaction score
So I've had a few comments on the for sale threads deleted by admin recently, feedback has always been a feature, both good and not so good, but honest nonetheless, has someone's feelings been hurt or what?

Where have you been? :poke:

Comments in For Sale ads have been deleted since toolmanmike showed up. Part of the reason @71Polara383 was banned for the last couple of years.

I loved the fact we had comments in those ads, they were great and often a way to learn more about a certain line of car. I know my own for sale ad had great commentary from people who knew the car, it was adding to the cars history, not hurting the sale of it. Now we have to use the Not Mine avenue if we want to discuss a car without getting in trouble.

Comments in For Sale ads have been deleted since toolmanmike showed up. Part of the reason @71Polara383 was banned for the last couple of years.

I loved the fact we had comments in those ads, they were great and often a way to learn more about a certain line of car. I know my own for sale ad had great commentary from people who knew the car, it was adding to the cars history, not hurting the sale of it. Now we have to use the Not Mine avenue if we want to discuss a car without getting in trouble.
Right, thought it was a recent thing :confused: I didn't see the harm in having others chime in with their opinions.

1687953207916.jpeg

1687953208133.jpeg

hahahaha. And there you have it. Your a victim, your the problem.

Don't yal realize that no one wants information? Quit being a victim. hahahahahaaha

site owners will likely weigh in. i got no dog in the fight. i dont own this website. i just like C's.

observations (directed at NO ONE/NO SITUATION except MY OWN experience):

couple years back i had a comment that was "Nice Car" - thats all it said - deleted. I knew the "for sale" rules - my old-timer recollection is they pre-date @Toolmanmike -- but I figured my comment was about as innocuous as they come.

so i disagreed with the deletion. me and Joey rapped about it via PM. he "heard" me out, he explained his goals. All good. No harm, no foul.

that said, the rules were clear and my comment was not within those rules. my jaws were tight for a minute, but my choice was "cool, i get it" and that was the end of it. not worth a dustup to me.

i do get it though. in nearly 10 years here, the "for sale" ads started more "fights". a '66 Newp is for sale and in less than 20 posts a couple members wanna settle a disagreement at 20 paces, after a flurry of posts about anything BUT the '66 Newp for sale.

I exaggerate (but not much).

Some of you folks around 5 years ago must recall the KDDO's (knock down, drag outs) that were commonplace in "for sale" ads. IMHO it was outta hand and wasn't what I came to like about the site in the previous years up to then.

Seller of the car, and many members with legit interest in it/commentary on it, were like "WTF?". Others were ok with the rough & tumble.

So imagine you're site owner now .. and some feature of the "free speech/free country" rights on the site is chapping a**es of some measurable proportion of your members (maybe even your advertisers are giving you crap about it too), whaddayah do?

agree or not, owners made policy decision(s) about the business (this site) they wanna run -- publish rules, enforce them, provide alternative areas for members who wanna mix it up a bit (e.g., politics, pretty girls, "not mine", etc.,). they've been open to feedback in my experience.

their final decision(s) aint always popular but thats kinda how it goes in business, you know you cant please everybody in your business.

then, we (consumers/users) get to decide what we wanna do in response. stay, go, complain, suggest, nothing, etc., and the world keeps turnin' either way.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
If you don't have a thick skin then life is going to be tough, new things were learned thanks to people with a lot more knowledge picking a car apart with their commentary, brutal but honest, as long as it wasn't personal, what's the harm? Site owners wouldn't have a site without members, it's a two-way street.

It really helped to discuss cars for sale for the folks that need it.

I don't mind not being able discussing cars for sale anymore...if you don't know what you are looking at...it sucks to suck.

Don't blame Mike - its my rule, and I delete them also. It's been a rule since day one.

I'm not, I know the rules were in place before, I was just stating when they got deleted on a regular basis.

LOL, you blamed Mike in your above post.

Back