Fender top turn signal indicator bulb change

dplotkin

Reaction score
Would any of you direct me as to what type bulb and how to change it, fender top indicator, 68 New Yorker?

Best regards,
Danny Plotkin

I want to say the bulb is a 330, to replace it, I'm not sure as I haven't gotten the one in my Monaco out. Might need to unscrew it from the housing above the fender, but I'm not sure.

Here's a picture of the assembly, disassembled. At least that's what my Dodge has, I suspect they would be the similar across the brands.

1967-68-D-Pol-Mon-Frt-Fdr-T-Sig-Light-Lamps.jpg

Getting the old bulb out without damaging the amber lens might take some careful finesse, because those parts are held together by corrosion and grime. Soak 'em with your choice of penetrant goop, and make sure you see some clean metal in the socket. And use some dielectric grease during reassembly.

If you do damage the lens, you might find a replacement here: reproductionproducts

They are a real ***** unscrewing. I broke my amber lenses. Used clear epoxy and sandpaper to re- construct them. @LocuMob my ‘68 Polara are different than your Monaco.

Found the link to my fender mount turn signals.
68 Polara restore back on

Last edited:
They are a real ***** unscrewing. I broke my amber lenses. Used clear epoxy and sandpaper to re- construct them. @LocuMob my ‘68 Polara are different than your Monaco.

Found the link to my fender mount turn signals.
68 Polara restore back on
Yep, they sure are, incorporated into your trim. Kind of like a '67 Dart GT. Ok, so mine are probably nothing like Chrysler's for '66.

Well if someone shows how to get the ones for a 68 Chrysler out, I'd sure like to know.

Well I reached under there and gave it a wiggle - low and behold its working. If only modern tech bugs would resolve that way. thanks all who replied.
Dan

Chrysler 15.jpg

Well I reached under there and gave it a wiggle - low and behold its working.

That's good news, but I wouldn't count on it to continue working....on a cold and rainy night when you have to reach under there again...you cut your hand on something sharp...curse....bleed a little bit onto your clothes and seat like OJ when you get back in and take the wheel :steering:.....

Very nice pic, BTW. And I don't see any drops of blood on the driveway.....

Back