Finally my own '70 Sport Fury GT

I was fortunate enough to meet the original owners to a car I once owned. It was interesting to hear why they ordered what they did.

I think most of us would love to sit and listen to a original purchaser of a GT . To hear them tell the whats, where's and whys. Especially with a car that could be had with the three twos. This was a road runner owner, he hadda be thinking about it, family or no family.

Once in a great while I will see a post by you that really crosses the line in terms of whatever and instead of responding I just keep my mouth shut and think back to this post you made some time ago and it makes me think more about the part of the real you that the world needs much more of, especially these days.................:

Long winded but I had to say it

Keep up the good work!

Once in a great while I will see a post by you that really crosses the line in terms of whatever and instead of responding I just keep my mouth shut and think back to this post you made some time ago and it makes me think more about the part of the real you that the world needs much more of, especially these days.................:

Long winded but I had to say it

Keep up the good work!

This forum is the best at self regulating, thanks to that attitude.

I’m sure Dave, or others, have also held their tongue at times over a comment of yours. You are a great contributor to this site, and a valuable part of that singularity IMHO.

Dave is a great guy. To know him is to love him, reminds me of a song, I’ll not link. I’m glad to see this post.

This odyssey is a great car story and I’m glad he kept the one he did.

Thanks for linking it, After rethinking the events, he knows what I mean, I believe his version is more correct than mine. Although, parts of mine are correct too. :poke:

Sorry Dave.

:(

Dave is a great guy. To know him is to love him, reminds me of a song, I’ll not link. I’m glad to see this post.

Thanks for linking it, After talking to him today and rethinking the events, he knows what I mean, I believe his version is more correct than mine. Although, parts of mine are correct too. :poke:

Sorry Dave.

I must be a Hell of a man. Lord its hard to be humble.

Thanks for linking it, After talking to him today and rethinking the events, he knows what I mean, I believe his version is more correct than mine. Although, parts of mine are correct too. :poke:

Sorry Dave.

You're a good guy Bryan

My favorite mopar ever. I used to drool over Dans V-codes (specifically Trevs TX9 car lol) but I was in no position to buy it at the time.

Needs a little bit of love but with the current trend of these cars I figured I better get one now before they become unobtainium.

I promised the original owners son I'll keep him up to date as progress is made on the car. Maybe have him meet up at Carlisle if its ready in time.

Kudos to you for looking past all the static on this one and grabbing it!

I can't be too hard on the critics, since the $22K starting price was overly optimistic, but from the seller's perspective it usually doesn't hurt to shoot for the moon and adjust from there. Also on the critic's side, the better money in C bodies is always in getting the best car possible, but when it comes to these GT's, not everyone has 25 Large laying around to drop down on a hobby car. Sometimes you need to use the installment plan: buy an affordable car and fix it up as time and budget allow. I think you got a pretty special car, being so unmolested and coming with a complete history from day one.

I'm about 25 miles from where the car came from but I've never heard of that particular Chrysler/Plymouth dealer. I suspect it was bought out by the state of Pennsylvania in the mid 1970's when they started construction of I-476. The first section of the highway open to traffic was completed in 1979 and went right through the spot where 717 Ridge Pike would have been. Considering the economy at the time and Chrysler's lackluster sales, it's likely to have been closed down and not relocated. There were quite a few competing Chrysler/Plymouth dealers in nearby areas to absorb Freed Brother's customers.

717 Ridge Pike 2.JPG

717 Ridge Pike.JPG

There's a J. L. Freed Honda that's not far from Conshohocken, who can trace their business back into the 1800's. It's likely there's some distant family connection, but it's not mentioned in their business history.

Company History | JL Freed Honda | Montgomeryville Area

28615_129691423709593_8069978_n.jpg

Between the GT and the Florida Sheriff's car you're certainly going to be a busy man.

I look forward to seeing the progress on the cars and will be at Carlisle to check out the GT in person when the time comes.

Jeff

Way late to another great thread. Congratulations on a car well bought. The quarters appear like you could get away with lower patches. My .02.

At least now I have a useable hanger to fab up some duplicates.

Or, if anyone has another hanger they arent using Ill gladly purchase it!

20210220_175745.jpg

20210220_175755.jpg

20210220_175806.jpg

I also picked up a windshield washer bottle from my local friend. Its not perfect by any means but it looks good at a quick glance & it fills the void for now.

20210220_175638.jpg

20210220_175717.jpg

20210220_182837.jpg

20210220_182846.jpg

1970 300s had exhaust tips instead of turndowns?

I could be wrong but I do not think they had turn downs at all, although they could of but I believe just tips either quad like the GT or single like this one in the pic. See picture although it may be hard to see, someone please correct me if I'm wrong as I am still learning but this I believe is correct
20200711_101246-1.jpg

Back