First Time In More Than a Decade

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
My 70 300 drove on the main road. Cleaned the fuel system rebuilt carburetor and took it out for a drive. Ran and drove pretty well considering who knows when it was last driven. Still don't know what I'm going to do with it but at least it moves on it's own power. Sure is a beautiful day for driving with the top down in Arizona.
20181220_101904.jpg
20181220_101922.jpg
20181220_101944.jpg
20181220_101957.jpg

What happened to the Hurst Hood then, just wondering.

Hopefully this is the start of the restoration thread?
I doubt it. I just don't have it in me to do a restoration right now. I am thinking of just making it a driver. If not I'll probably sell it and let someone else restore it. I'm not going let it just sit anymore though.

If the floppy sun visors need to be tighter, there's a plastic bushing that the sun visor support slides into and the adjuster screw tightens against. There are a few places in the GM parts book (I haven't looked for them in a Chrysler parts book, but know that GM has or used to have them) that list them. Don't remember quite where, but seems like for a mid-'80s Caprice. One of those "don't know they're there" type of things, until you look for them in an illustration.

You'll need a pair of needle nose pliers to get them out.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Back