Fitech EFI

its running great and all but there are some things which are not plug and play. Some tuning issues would definately be easier tuned out with a carb. for example, i am fighting a lean tip in which wont change with any kind of accelerator pump change. My idle wont go to my commanded rpm and stays lower than that, which seemed to have happened after a software update.

Check the version number of your updated software. It wouldn't be the first time that an "update" file was older than what was already in the ECM. If it's going lean on tip in, it should learn and correct itself.

I've seen it once on CAT D6 dozers. TSB to do an update on some new units in dealer stock. The machine drove in the shop fine but wouldn't move after the update. They discovered the update file was older than the OE file but not before Peoria had instructed them to go on a search and destroy mission in the hydraulic system.

Software is usually backwards compatible but usually not forward compatible.

Just a thought, where is your O2 cable routed? It too is susceptible to the same interference problems you had with the tach signal.

Kevin

Back