Fixing rust

Jerome Erickson

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know where I can find replacement sub frame parts or a good sub frame for my 1966 Newport and the rear leaf spring mounts

Try Desert Valley Auto Parts, Hidden Valley Auto Parts, both outside of Phoniex or Wlldcat outside of Portland. Hopfully a member might have somethong as well

I do believe so
I believe so, also. Maybe we can get a third....

No dice on rear spring mounting - the trunk lid keeps the driver's down. I haven't really checked the stub as-of yet. It's a 4-door that I will likely pull parts off. Got it cheap and no eng/trans - no real plan to try to revive it.

Will try to look it over closer and get back to you in not too long.

Mark

I believe so, also. Maybe we can get a third....

No dice on rear spring mounting - the trunk lid keeps the driver's down. I haven't really checked the stub as-of yet. It's a 4-door that I will likely pull parts off. Got it cheap and no eng/trans - no real plan to try to revive it.

Will try to look it over closer and get back to you in not too long.

Mark
I don't understand the trunk lid comment.

I thought he was looking for the mounts that the leaf spring shackles attach to.

I don't understand the trunk lid comment.

I thought he was looking for the mounts that the leaf spring shackles attach to.
My less-than-stellar attempt at humor; The driver's spring and shackle are through the trunk floor and up against the inside of the lid.... the spring mounts (where shackles bolt thru) are history on this car. Fully oxygenated iron.:)

Mark

Hi does anyone know where I can find replacement sub frame parts or a good sub frame for my 1966 Newport and the rear leaf spring mounts
I'm just gonna say this... No negativity intended..

Is this car worth fixing? Once you get into that level of repair, it may be easier, better and much cheaper to just buy a car with less rust and use what you have as a parts car.

Again, no negativity intended... Just being pragmatic.

Back