FK5 Dodge resurrection

Was the car burnt orange int originally?
That's a worse combo.
Burnt orange int only looks good in black, white, or silver exterior.
Looks better with black int.

Wyatt has managed to extend the car’s life by a year. No one else stepped up at the time. He’s since gathered most of the parts needed to bring the car back to life. He deserves lots of credit for all that.

Going forward, IMHO, he has no obligation (moral or otherwise) to complete the car and spend lots of additional resources on it that he currently does not have. Time is money. Time is scarce. And a car/parts takes space, and covered space costs money too.
As @bigmoparjeff said, he’s being realistic. He’s also putting it out here, AFAICT to maximize the likelihood it gets saved. :thumbsup:

That is a significant problem with C bodies, despite our collective views otherwise. To the general market most of our cars are not worth investing in to resell them because there are few buyers with enough love and more importantly, money, to buy them when all is said and done.

The previous owner to Wyatt was told by the person he bought it from that these Monaco 500s were highly desired vehicles by the C body crowd, and went ahead and bought the car thinking that was the case, but when he went too far with the project, he then learned that while these cars are desireable to the true believers, most folks these days don't have sufficient funds to buy cars in which a lot of investment is poured into them despite how desirable they are to folks like us.

More recently I have been fixing up and selling some of my favorite cars that I will never get to and I am finding out that it isn't worth the investment as I can not get any return on my investment any more. I just wanted them to go to good homes and not be lost, so I spent time and resources on this endeavor, but not any more. I am down to about 5 cars left that I will be selling soon that are almost done and after that I am only doing restorations on cars I want to keep for myself. Anything else is futile.

That is a significant problem with C bodies, despite our collective views otherwise. To the general market most of our cars are not worth investing in to resell them because there are few buyers with enough love and more importantly, money, to buy them when all is said and done.

The previous owner to Wyatt was told by the person he bought it from that these Monaco 500s were highly desired vehicles by the C body crowd, and went ahead and bought the car thinking that was the case, but when he went too far with the project, he then learned that while these cars are desireable to the true believers, most folks these days don't have sufficient funds to buy cars in which a lot of investment is poured into them despite how desirable they are to folks like us.

More recently I have been fixing up and selling some of my favorite cars that I will never get to and I am finding out that it isn't worth the investment as I can not get any return on my investment any more. I just wanted them to go to good homes and not be lost, so I spent time and resources on this endeavor, but not any more. I am down to about 5 cars left that I will be selling soon that are almost done and after that I am only doing restorations on cars I want to keep for myself. Anything else is futile.
I'd say the car WAS highly desirable....BUT ripped apart and non original anymore it's not worth a whole lot. I'd like to see it be saved, but let's be realistic here. I was its last chance and I am bailing on it for what I feel are better cars.

All of you had chances to buy this car when it was running and driving. I've found several FOR SALE threads here on it from searching for pics. Dont blame me for what I didnt do with it, it's not my fault it's in pieces anyway.

First and foremost..this is a hobby and a passion.
I met Wyatt at the FCBO show last year and he is passionate about his Fuselage Dodges.
He is also a really cool guy.
Driving Servprolara to Carlisle got everybody's attention.
How can you not ignore the fact he bought a car found dead in a ditch,get it running and drive 1600 miles in it!

Wyatt,I did not mean to throw you under the bus,sorry.
As for the FK5,I get it..Something better came along that threw a wrench in the master plan,LOL!!
As it was mentioned,he is not obligated to finish the car.
So cut the guy some slack.
At least he did offer it here on FCBO or he can use the parts as inventory to keep the rest of the fleet going.
He bought a lot of cars/parts in a short time period so one can only imagine how beat up the pocketbook is right now.
Trying to find a new home for the FK5 seems to be the only logical,moral and economical thing to do. But that is just my opinion which may not mean anything.
I was excited that he score the wagon since he has a nose like a hound for these cars.
I was not expecting him getting flack,that's all.

I'd say the car WAS highly desirable....BUT ripped apart and non original anymore it's not worth a whole lot. I'd like to see it be saved, but let's be realistic here. I was its last chance and I am bailing on it for what I feel are better cars.

All of you had chances to buy this car when it was running and driving. I've found several FOR SALE threads here on it from searching for pics. Dont blame me for what I didnt do with it, it's not my fault it's in pieces anyway.
Don't read me wrong, I know you're a true believer... I was only hoping to help get her into the right hands. In my fantasy, another young, energetic and semi broke MOPAR lover could be converted to C Bodies, have a hell of a good time working on her, and have a pretty cool car with a smallish cash investment and a lot of sweat equity. A great way to learn too.

It's more fun hunting for unobtainium parts and turning wrenches, vs. washing and waxing. For someone with an interest in old cars, and can find the space to do this (back yard, rental storage unit, Mom's garage, etc...), this would be a fabulous entry point into a new lifestyle of justifying an old car's existence, working around local laws against derelict vehicles (regardless of if it drives or not), and causing friends and family to decide that you're nuts and/or stupid. It's really quite a wonderful way to live.

Wyatt, you've done good, and I hope you find the right buyer. Many of us wish we could, but know we can't, you owe nothing to this car... it's just hard seeing one get killed, or in this case, almost brought back to life.

Well my part of this cars story is over...however the new owner who wishes to remain anonymous at this time will be putting it back on the road! He has a reputation of taking C bodies and breathing new life into them.

So long friend.

20211107_181355.jpg

Back