Floor pans

In late 67 to early 69, my 273/275 in a '67 Dart GT ran in D/SA.
In 1966, Dodge offered a D/S package in a Dart. Lightweight car with a 275 HP 273. I think they all were manual trans though. I've never seen one. Google D-Dart and you should come up with some facts on them.

They refactored a lot of cars and HP ratings back in the 70's. The rules changed a lot too. Slicks and headers were allowed for one thing. Chrysler products never did well with any NHRA refactoring though.

Thinking on it, I'm wrong on the 383 RR running H/SA. It might have been F or G. It was the same class as a 340 Duster/Dart. It was so long ago...

A guy in SC who restores MOPARS posted pics of one of those 66 Super Stock Darts he was working on a few weeks ago on Facebook. I didn't know they had made those either.

A guy in SC who restores MOPARS posted pics of one of those 66 Super Stock Darts he was working on a few weeks ago on Facebook. I didn't know they had made those either.

Sometime during the last year or so, I saw an official Chrysler Tech / Engineering document describing how to set up one of these SS Darts for drag racing. It had everything from bearing clearances to combustion chamber CCs, etc. I think it was posted on FCBO. . .

In 1966, Dodge offered a D/S package in a Dart. Lightweight car with a 275 HP 273. I think they all were manual trans though. I've never seen one. Google D-Dart and you should come up with some facts on them.

They refactored a lot of cars and HP ratings back in the 70's. The rules changed a lot too. Slicks and headers were allowed for one thing. Chrysler products never did well with any NHRA refactoring though.

Thinking on it, I'm wrong on the 383 RR running H/SA. It might have been F or G. It was the same class as a 340 Duster/Dart. It was so long ago...
I've discussed this here before ( or was it Moparts).
The short version.
A D-Dart conversion package for 1967 A-Bodies was available separately, also.
I was able to get the New England NHRA to approve the package for my 273/225.
It was a hassle but they finally approved the documentation from Dodge.
My package arrived at my door straight from Michigan (Thank you Dick Landy).

The long story, which includes Dick Landy, is a thread in itself.
FWIW, the 275 hp D-Dart cam with an automatic transmission was a terrible mistake. I was 18...

Last edited:
I've discussed this here before ( or was it Moparts).
The short version.
A D-Dart conversion package for 1967 A-Bodies was available separately, also.
I was able to get the New England NHRA to approve the package for my 273/225.
It was a hassle but they finally approved the documentation from Dodge.
My package arrived at my door straight from Michigan (Thank you Dick Landy).

The long story, which includes Dick Landy, is a thread in itself.
FWIW, the 275 hp D-Dart cam with an automatic transmission was a terrible mistake. I was 18...
Wow! I'd never heard about that one. We'll have to hear the whole story.

IMG_8543.JPG
IMG_8542.JPG
IMG_8545.JPG
IMG_8544.JPG
IMG_8544.JPG
IMG_8547.JPG
IMG_8541.JPG
IMG_8537.JPG
Got the back seat out & all the parts out of it. Floors look ptetty good

IMG_8540.JPG
These bucket seats I got from that 71 300 I parted. The plan is to install them in this car. They are heavy though. Good driver quality condition

IMG_8546.JPG
What the heck is this. Looks like some kind of self adhesvive insulation. It was only on the right rear floor

IMG_8538.JPG
There was water standing in this cubby hole on the left rear trim panel. Looks like I may have a leaking rear window

Back