Flooring for '68 Town & Country

berg

Reaction score
Damn I like this stuff here. Thist stuff that I can make a forum post. :thankyou:

I have a problem. I live far away form the US and just bought a 1968 T&C.
I need a new flooring. For me it would be the best to buy it from Rockauto.com, because of the fast DHL shipping.
Rockauto offers ACC flooring, but not for T&C. But I also have a '68 2door fasttop Newport and the flooring there looks very similar (ofcourse missing the wagon part) and also I checked that Rockauto offers different product codes for Newport or Newyorker. Aren't they the same floor cars? Which flooring should I order then?

Cheers!

432806595_435590968984224_8542261330997651664_n.jpg

Yes, the front floor sections are the same. As for the second seat area, they might be close enough to a Dodge rear carpet to work. Reason is that the wheelbase of the C-body wagons is the same as for the normal Dodge C-body cars (Polara and Monaco) at 122". Past that, to do the rear section, ACC probably sells "roll goods" pieces of carpet, where you buy it by the foot and it is not molded to fit a particular vehicle. Just plain yardage.

Other entities can ship DHL, too. Pricing might be different, though.

Look in the Auto Custom Carpet website and look at their offerings for your vehicle. Note the part numbers they put on them, too. Then go back into RockAuto and compare the part numbers they have with those from the ACC website.

The differences in the part numbers for Newport and New Yorker might be due to the different weaves of carpet they sell? Just a suspicion. As in "loop pile" for Newports and "cut pile" for New Yorkers, or something like that?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Thanks for Your taughts. Very good idea to check the wheelbase differences. I will do that! Seems reasonable to order a longer wheelbase product anyway, as I can always trim it shorter. Since I am missing most of the headliner I might order a bow style headliner conversion kit and flooring from a same place.

For me it would be the best to buy it from Rockauto.com, because of the fast DHL shipping.
I understand the shipping issue, but I'd buy from someone that can answer questions and maybe help you figure this out.

I buy quite a bit of stuff from RA, but I do it with the understanding that it's going to be almost impossible to return or get any technical help. To say RA is awful in that area is an understatement.

Take a look at Auto Carpet for Car, Truck, Van - Stock Interiors

Back