For those with real wood

Here's the dash after going over the wood on it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yeah those are "after" pics.

I'm honored to own this car and I absolutely love it!

Wow what a beauty. Matt will you be driving the Imperial to Nat's this year? I need to see your car in person.

I was just talking to an uncle today who's brother sold Imperials in Texas. He said he had a 67 Imperial he drove back and forth from Texas to Ohio well into the 80's that he bought new. He said it was his favorite car he ever owned and favorite model year. I agreed :)

I haven't decided if I'll drive it to the Nats yet, lets see how the Carlisle trip goes and then I'll decide. If the trip back and forth to PA goes off without a hitch I'll bring it to the Nats.

Great results Matt. Will it need more than one application of the oil?

This is the sort of thing that could be done once a year or just whenever the wood started to appear dry.

Looks great Matt! I pulled some of my originals off for Kenny the other day that still look really good, but I bet they would look brand new after this treatment.

I'm going to do this to my Imperial ragtop this weekend. Mine is in exactly the same condition as his "before" pics, so I'm quite confident I'll have the same results.

Just make sure to mark the before pics before some of us start to praise how well the Treatment has been working out. :)

Finally did the wood in the convertible tonight. Looks decent, but it'll need another coat or two of tung oil. I doubt that the wood has ever been tended to in this car.Imp door01.jpgImp door02.jpg

Imp dash01.jpg

Imp door01.jpg

Imp door02.jpg

Looks great Patrick.

Back