Forward Look....Rocks glasses.

Pretty cool looking with the logo

I have never heard that term before but the name makes sense to me. I’ve always heard the term tumblers.

The term in the ad is “rocks glasses” btw for those who don’t look at the ad.

I’ve always heard the term “on the rocks” just not rocks glasses.

Neat looking glasses, thanks for posting.

The names could just be slang from different areas. You remember how you notice it big time when you travel out of your area. Different names for common things.

Ice = rocks. Those glasses would be the correct ones for pouring straight bourbon for example over ice or rocks.

I know what ice is.
Rock glasses doesn't seem to fit , these appear small in content for that.
So they could be called Ice glasses. I'm not feeling it.

Never heard the term " rock glasses" .

I know what ice is.
Rock glasses doesn't seem to fit , these appear small in content for that.
So they could be called Ice glasses. I'm not feeling it.

Never heard the term " rock glasses" .
Rocks. You would never fill them just pour a shot on the rocks to sip from. I know you’re not a drinker.
And by the way this seem very expensive!

Last edited:
I understand Matt. I've spent A LOT of time in bars and still like to. . I come from a long line of drinkers, HEAVY drinkers. Family party planning started at the liquor store.
My bedroom as a preteen had 800 plus beer cans on the wall. Alcohol/beer posters with hot girls on the walls. Beer signs, A Smirnoff lamp I made in 8th grade sat on my bureau. I used to go to beer can show & swaps.
My grandfather would ask me to make his hard drinks and include a beer so he didn't have to leave the pinochle table.
Grew up in a local firehouse as dad was a fireman. Those guys could drink.

:lol: all that and yet, never had a drink.

I worked in the restaurant biz for a while and to us rocks glasses were short and wide for stability and short as they only held two rocks and one or two shots. I washed enough of them.

There's also a set of rounded tumblers on eBay right now too.
Rare Chrysler "Forward Look" Mid Century Modern Logo Roly Poly Barware Glasses | eBay
s-l1600.jpg

I collect pint glasses. I'd love to find one of these tall beer glasses for my display case. At least I assume they're tall glasses based on the shape.
NOS_MOPAR_CHRYSLER_FORWARD_LOOK_Libbey_Glass_FULL_SET_Mid_century_Modern_IN_BOX_01_kjj.jpg

Neat looking glasses, thanks for posting.

The names could just be slang from different areas. You remember how you notice it big time when you travel out of your area. Different names for common things.
Yep. Like outside of California,nobody knows what a "tri-tip" steak is.

Why? Never heard the term .

Me neither. I always knew them as "tumblers".

But I also thought until recently that a Martini glass was the tall cymbal shaped glass. The real Martini glasses are those round roly-poly's. Yay, trivia

That's exactly the ones I would be looking for! I'm not about to pay $90 US + shipping for a pair of them however.

s-l1600.jpg

@cretin90 Please try to add your comments before or after a quoted message, not into the middle of the quote. Otherwise the reader has to expand the quote and try to figure out what is the new text you added. Thanks

Years ago I took a bartending course and we were taught when getting an order of multiple drinks first thing is grab the proper glass. If the drink was on the rocks you grab a rocks glass, if it's straight up you grab a cocktail glass etc. Gives you a little less to have to remember. That's why I always call these "rocks glasses".

That's exactly the ones I would be looking for! I'm not about to pay $90 US + shipping for a pair of them however.

View attachment 467370

@cretin90 Please try to add your comments before or after a quoted message, not into the middle of the quote. Otherwise the reader has to expand the quote and try to figure out what is the new text you added. Thanks

Gotcha!

Back