Found a C body and others at Henry Ford Museum

thood1954

Reaction score
Saw a C body and some other interesting exhibits today. HPIM6253.jpgHPIM6225.jpgHPIM6212.jpgHPIM6205.jpgHPIM6198.jpgHPIM6197.jpgHPIM6260.jpgHPIM6259.jpgHPIM6254.jpgHPIM6271.jpg

HPIM6253.jpg

HPIM6254.jpg

HPIM6259.jpg

HPIM6260.jpg

HPIM6197.jpg

HPIM6198.jpg

HPIM6205.jpg

HPIM6212.jpg

HPIM6225.jpg

HPIM6271.jpg

Saw a C body and some other interesting exhibits today.

Did you stop and see Detmatt? Matt lives in the Motor City and has a nice collection of Mopars in his shop.

I plan on spending a few days and seeing Matt and the massive Ford Museum on my next visit to the Motor City.

I still haven't been there. Bob, you should just get in your car and start heading this way, we'll go together. Tom?, thanks for posting the pics, looks like an amazing place and of course the one C-body they have there is green.
Btw Bob, I'm down to just three cars in my shop.

I still haven't been there. Bob, you should just get in your car and start heading this way, we'll go together. Tom?, thanks for posting the pics, looks like an amazing place and of course the one C-body they have there is green.

Is the RR back in your shop?

I'm looking forward to that trip in future....I'll do a little better planning this time. LOL!

Is the RR back in your shop?

I'm looking forward to that trip in future....I'll do a little better planning this time. LOL!
Not yet, the Imperial, the Challenger and the Coronet R/T currently reside. I finally sold the Challenger hdtp project and the RR is still waiting for paint.

Man, I thought for sure you had been there, I should have called you to meet Kat and I there. It was my birthday present from her.

One of my favorite places. I went there 3 times as a kid, I need to go back. The one thing I wouldn't stop talking about, my mom said, was that big *** train.

I think that is what they refer to as a Big Boy. My Dad has a "0" gauge one on his train layout. Even at a small scale, it is huge compared to the others.

That engine is a Chesapeake & Ohio "Allegheny" - not a Big Boy. It has a wheel arrangement of 2-6-6-6 and weighs close to one million pounds. Here is some info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2-6-6-6

Incidentally, there is a Union Pacific Big Boy currently being restored:

http://www.up.com/aboutup/special_trains/steam/locomotives/4014/about_4014.shtml

I'd love to go there sometime. My buddy went to the '08 Detroit auto show and the Henry Ford Museum and took a bunch of pictures. He gave me a copy of them on CD. I still look through it from time to time and drool over the awesome vehicular history housed in that museum.

Back