Found nice 70 383 Chrysler Newport

In reply to your PM I have been satisfied going there. Dom always does the right thing and if the work is incorrect he corrects it immediately without cost or question. (he hardly does the work himself but does most of the diagnosis)

He has always given me a break on the price but many times I had to wait a long time for the car. Though I took him my truck recently to replace a bearing and I had it back within two days, that was a record.

Sounds like a good guy/business owner----very hard to find honest people these days, let alone someone who knows what they are doing.

Sounds like a good guy/business owner----very hard to find honest people these days, let alone someone who knows what they are doing.
Man,if that isn't the truth! I've had a few bad experiences lately & I'm so frustrated that I'm ready to give up on my car!

Man,if that isn't the truth! I've had a few bad experiences lately & I'm so frustrated that I'm ready to give up on my car!

yeah, been there, done that.....and THEN try explaining to the wifey why you ended up having to spend so much money on a part or service because someone screwed up or didn't understand what you wanted!!! Ever slept in the backseat of your car??

Thats the thing with Dom, he hired a company to study his operation and they couldn't get over the customer flow. He actually has too many customers and there is a reason for that. His problem is finding good mechanics, not just someone willing to turn a wrench but someone who can do what he does to diagnose a problem. He is truly an icon and a legend. And the man can tell one hell of a story, people line up just to hear him talk.

He has also won many Courier post Best of South Jersey awards, and I mean many.

Thats the thing with Dom, he hired a company to study his operation and they couldn't get over the customer flow. He actually has too many customers and there is a reason for that. His problem is finding good mechanics, not just someone willing to turn a wrench but someone who can do what he does to diagnose a problem. He is truly an icon and a legend. And the man can tell one hell of a story, people line up just to hear him talk.

He has also won many Courier post Best of South Jersey awards, and I mean many.

So I brought her home this morning...took a nice ride down the jersey turnpike, cruised between 75-80 with no problems whatsoever, the 383 felt like it was just fired up for the first time yesterday. Got the seats and that crappy carpet out by lunch time. The floor boards have some surface rust, but nothing a power drill with a sanding pad can't handle. NO holes or cracks in the floor whatsoever, its all there and solid. Hooray! She's gonna need a new heater core and a few other things but all and all she's in pretty good shape. Yet another C body saved from being abused or destroyed.

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_2341.jpg

IMG_2349.jpg

IMG_2351.jpg

IMG_2361.jpg

Nice! I am jealous...............You got a deal :eek:ccasion13:

Thanks!:wtg: it was just pure dumb luck that I came across the car. I cannot begin to tell you how many cars I checked out before finding the Newport. Most of them were total rust buckets that the owners would describe as "cream puffs that just needed a little TLC".....yeah right. Big time disappointments. I saw the Newport on craigslist and noticed it had been posted that afternoon, so I immediately called the owner and made a bee line as fast as I could up to Woodbridge early the following morning....by that point in time he already had 15 people inquire about it. I would have never guessed "C" body cars would have become such hot commodities....
Soon as the weather clears up I'm going to unwrap the Challenger (covered in the garage) and take more pics of my two projects together.

IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

IMG_2354.jpg

The princess had to kiss a lot of frogs to find her prince. :love3:

Well, not that I'm REALLy surprised, but I did find some ugliness in the trunk, a bunch of rather small holes, but holes nonetheless. Since I know nothing about welding steel, nor am I a body guy....I'm open to whoever wishes to make suggestions as to how to fix this b/c obviously I would rather not drive around with "shot gun" holes in my trunk. I know the water leak issue must be addressed first and I have a pretty good idea where its getting in (under rear window), but quite frankly it does not look THAT bad in the trunk as I've seen cars with NO trunk floor whatsoever, just swiss cheese. Is cutting this out the way to go?? Or do you think I can get away with something else?

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

IMG_2056.jpg

I "learned" to weld on a trunk pan just like yours.
I look back and it was pretty darn fugly....

Sand/brush the bejeezus out of it. Fill pinholes with plastic steel, paint with POR-15.
Close enough unless you have a thick wallet.

I "learned" to weld on a trunk pan just like yours.
I look back and it was pretty darn fugly....

Sand/brush the bejeezus out of it. Fill pinholes with plastic steel, paint with POR-15.
Close enough unless you have a thick wallet.

Now THAT sounds like a great solution. My wallet is emptied via elementary school tuition, so I'll be doing this literally with any spare change I'm able to scrape together from here and there......but I'm certainly not complaining.

You shouldn't be, that trunk isn't bad at all...leave it alone, it will give future water intrusion a way to drain.

Yup, but he has to fix that leak around the back window first, till then leave the trunk alone

Yup, but he has to fix that leak around the back window first, till then leave the trunk alone

Polara71- u had me scratching my head there for a few seconds, but u r dead right...need to take care of the primary issues, the holes beneath the rear window.

Commando1- would your remedy still be the same for this area as well?

Unfortunatly rust holes around the rear window doesn't have an easy fix to do it right. Every time it rains or you wash the car water will stay under the moldings for days so any "easy" fix will not last. Cutting out the bad spots and welding in new metal is the only good way to do it. The rear glass will have to come out too.

Back