Found nice 70 383 Chrysler Newport

Pfftttt...
Been a Teamster all my life... Here's a cupla my old friends from work. They always covered my back. Meet Al "The House" Howser and "Whitey":

o0c5tt.jpg

So, you gots sumtin to say. HUH?

"Old Friends"? Got any new ones?

No wonder your always on the computer, your a Union man , been spoiled all your life and always on break.

Pfftttt...
Been a Teamster all my life... Here's a cupla my old friends from work. They always covered my back. Meet Al "The House" Howser and "Whitey":

o0c5tt.jpg

So, you gots sumtin to say. HUH?

Don't think I'd want to mess with those guys...

And so the "freshening up" continues......some much needed under the hood "quality time" Saturday....gonna swap out the old 2bbl set up for a carter AFB 4bbl/performer intake I have in my parts cabinet. Even with this old crusty 2bbl carb the 383 has pretty good pull and will move out onto the turnpike with "authority", in fact I'm really surprised at the overall health of the motor after sitting so long on the sidelines. Nonetheless, I know the 4bbl will really wake her up. Also went out and bought brand new "shoes" on sunday..... BF Goodrich Radial T/As...235/60/R15s. The original tires were dry rotted to hell and back, I'm really surprised I did not lose one or two on the trip to the tire joint. Of course all the techs in the shop wanted to come over and have a look see at her, not very common to get a "C" body big block car come through or probably any big block car for that matter.

p.s. don't worry, there's a 3 ton jack stand underneath out of view providing static support in addition to the jack itself.

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3052.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

Nice, any wheels in the future? If not, since you have the tires pull those covers and a set of doggies will look nice.

118263 2004 left front.jpg

Looks like you really stole that car...........rust issues seem minimal at best especially for a jersey car.

Nice, any wheels in the future? If not, since you have the tires pull those covers and a set of doggies will look nice.

Thanks! I think I'm going to stay with the stock rims w/Newport tin covers........just sutble hints of performance, the "sleeper" look if you will. The original wheels but with wider tires, duals tucked underneath the rear end....a bit lumpier cam profile all adds up to that "WTF JUST HAPPENED" look for those "heart beat of america" and dearborn Michigan fools. I LUV to see that look on thief faces.

Looks like you really stole that car...........rust issues seem minimal at best especially for a jersey car.

Yes I'm rather surprised too. The deacesed women kept meticulous care of the car. I open the glove box and EVERY sales document from the dealer was still in there.... also found the broadcast sheet behind the back sheet. The car was in Brooklyn NY most of it's life. I'll tell you what though I looked at legions of clap trap "c" bodies needing "just a little TLC" for 5 & 6K before finding this one. Preserverence pays off.

Yes it does, sometimes you have to wait years but it will happen....

3:23's in the rear will also wake her up a bit

Love those sleek lines on that Polara BTW. My dad had a 70' Polara back in the day (it was yellow w/ black top as well, ha!). Anyways I remember driving around back and forth to school everyday in it. One year we got so much snow that I completely covered the turn signal "blinker" lights on the L/R sides of the hood...being a small kid at the time I thought the "blinker" lights fell off during the snow storm. Just something that sticks in ur brain as the years pass by. I think my dad bought the car new at Reedman Chrysler in Langhorne PA. I think I have pics of the car when we still had it, will try to dig them up and post.

Is Reedman still there?

Back