Frankenmauth Auto Fest in M.I. Who Has Been Or Is Going?

SportFury70

Reaction score
I know the Frankenmauth Auto Fest in M.I. is coming up later this week. My family and I will be going for the very 1st time with the Turquoise Fury 4 door hardtop. Leaving on Wednesday September 4th. Believe it takes about 12 hours to get there according to Mapquest. Anyway, what I wanna know is who has been there, what it's like, what to bring with you, what's around for food and attractions, and whatever else you can think of. Any tips, suggestions, etc would be much appreciated. Please share your experience(s). I know you can bring a canopy tent like Carlisle, and that it's a huge all make and model show like the Adirondack Nat's but otherwise that's it. Hope to see and get to meet you there.

I haven’t been for a couple years but I always enjoyed it and plan do the whole weekend one of these years.
It is a great show for the whole family. The show field is a beautiful park setting along the Cass River. It is also in easy walking distance to the main drag in town with many shops and places to eat. Ideally I’d stay right there at the big hotel and leave the car on the show field. They had food and live entertainment in the evenings.

I haven't been in years, so I am not much help. I may go on Saturday if I can swing it, we have something else planned that day also.

Car is cleaned and waxed, and fluids are all topped off/changed. Just have to pack the car with suitcases etc. Be leaving tomorrow morning around 6am. Staying overnight in I believe Branford, Ontario. Hope to see some of you at the show

Never been there for the car show but it's a really nice little town. Gotta get a chicken dinner while you are there.

I hope to stop in Saturday for while.

Great to hear! Look for the '67 turquoise colored with black top Fury III 4 door hardtop, and stop by to say hi. Family and I might be by the car, but most likely walking around. I believe I met you at Carlisle at Bill's vending spot right?

Great to hear! Look for the '67 turquoise colored with black top Fury III 4 door hardtop, and stop by to say hi. Family and I might be by the car, but most likely walking around. I believe I met you at Carlisle at Bill's vending spot right?
That was me alright. Talked your ear off probably!

You bringing a car to the show by chance? maybe we could meet up and park together.

Not this year. I can’t stay long enough to make registering and all worth it.

Car is cleaned and waxed, and fluids are all topped off/changed. Just have to pack the car with suitcases etc. Be leaving tomorrow morning around 6am. Staying overnight in I believe Branford, Ontario. Hope to see some of you at the show

That's where I live Brantford Ontario. Have a safe trip! I've never been to that show but I have heard of it...it must be good if you are driving that far!

Dave

That's where I live Brantford Ontario. Have a safe trip! I've never been to that show but I have heard of it...it must be good if you are driving that far!

Dave

Technically my family and I go to the Adirondack Nationals every year in Lake George NY. But this year we are "mixing it up" and going to Frankenmauth. Never heard of this show until we saw it in Hemming's Muscle Machines.

Back