Frankie rolls over but did not die!

OK...Back on topic..
I tallied up the cost of the trip and the mileage...PPHEW!!
Frankie and I travelled a total of 1,303 miles!! Or 2096 kilometers in 3 days!!

Frankie did very well despite having to be driven in some areas over 70 just to keep up with today's traffic.
Not an issue with 2.76 gears,but gas mileagee does get affected.
Total average 18.35 miles per gallon!
When honking on Frankie his worst was 16.9.
Stop and go traffic especially on the Canadian side, 17.43
When I converted the liters to gallons and US dollars to Canadian funds it cost me 820.53 CDN or $661.40 US in fuel.

I always filled up when the guage was at 1/4 tank. Not knowing if it is reading accurately, plus driving in uncharted waters,I do not take chances.
I was averaging a 12 or 13 gallon fillup so the guage is off a 1/4 tank--in a good way since the tank is 24 gallons.
I am vary happy that I did the trip---no matter what the cost was.
Frankie has proven to be reliable and comfortable.
There are always room for improvements like a front sway bar ,new shocks and new rear springs.
Frankie has a wallowy ride and lack of sway bar kept me busy correcting the steering on rough or uneven roads.

Carlisle is out for us this year based on this trip's cost if you add the 3 nights in a hotel, and food.
Hoping to see everybody again in the near future!!

View attachment 540655

View attachment 540656
Very nice, Great to keep records of your trip. I am awful at it, I try by taking a photo of odometer and pump face so I have a record later. Did you use Imperial gallons or U.S.? I like my MPG Imperial numbers.

Very nice, Great to keep records of your trip. I am awful at it, I try by taking a photo of odometer and pump face so I have a record later. Did you use Imperial gallons or U.S.? I like my MPG Imperial numbers.
I did U.S. gallons and ditto on odometer and pump pics..

20220627_190914.jpg

20220627_190934.jpg

20220627_190930.jpg

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to how bad costs are getting, but it cost me $40 to do a 3 hour 140mi trip to grab my daughter from camp last Saturday. That's with 18.5mpg and premium gas in the hellcat. Gotta pay to play but man... And to round trip one of the classic cars to the shop is now $150!

Was nice chatting with you when we all went for a ride in @Xenon 67 Imperial, I'm sure the trip you took in his wagon was fun too! Glad to hear you made it back safely in that super clean Fury

Nice recap on your trip to Illinoisy and back Lea. It was good to see you again.
Diggin those videos too.
The guy that works at Volo who helped me with the plans for the show this year used to be one of my neighbors in the office complex.
As I was replying to this post, he drove up to see his old boss in one of the George Barris cars he gets to drive.
I had to have a look see, as soon as it rolled by, so he let me try it out.....
Batmobile5.jpg

Batmobile4.jpg

Batmobile2.jpg

That photo should be a poster. Love it! My '73 'Iggy" from old would fit right in.
Black was the rarest colour at 2% of production. I t would be great to get all the remaining black Imperials together.. I will do a pro photo shoot with Tux and TB soon.

024A3CCA-25B3-407D-AB0B-F697B5A140A8_1_201_a.jpeg

8CFD4C16-9EDC-4E02-B0FE-320FF4A26624_1_201_a.jpeg

Was nice chatting with you when we all went for a ride in @Xenon 67 Imperial, I'm sure the trip you took in his wagon was fun too! Glad to hear you made it back safely in that super clean Fury
Nice to meet you too!
Zero issues on the way back.
Thanks!

Back