Friday afternoon drive

300rag

It's Not Going to Shift Itself
Reaction score
Went for a drive this afternoon in the "not C". Encountered a bit of wildlife on the way. Then I tried to recreate a pic I took same time last year, close but not exact. A little more snow still on the rocks...

hwy40 2019.jpg

hwy40 2020.jpg

I really really want one of those. I just don’t get to drive my own stuff enough to justify buying another car. Work truck every day and my 69 convertible on my off time. I do drive it to work when I don’t have to visit customers. I did test drive a TA when they came out but my buddies brother talked me out of it. He said they get in used leases all the time and I could save a trunk load of cash by buying an RT or Scat pack and buying the hood and stripe kit from the parts department. Well I still haven’t done it. That’s a nice nice car bud.

How much do those parts and stripes cost? One of our Moopar club guys bought a new SRT8 6-speed Challenger a few years ago. Paid $1K in avalability charge for the red paint (2 in the Dallas zone at the time). Had them take off the factory stripes and he paid $1600 for the white stripes not available with the red paint. It was what he wanted and he could afford it. Later, at a Cars & Coffee, some kid walked up and claimed that combination wasn't factory and that the car HAD to have be a converted V-6 model. Don't guess the kid knew how to read a VIN!

Off-lease (especially the OEM lease!) can be some good values, by observation.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Back