Front end rebuild - complete.

I'm always saying that for everything. NOTHING is normal in our cars. Nothing!

And, that's what I'm saying about my current project, a complete front end rebuild.
I'm researching all the best parts at the best prices now but I'm afraid I'm going to really regret doing it myself when it comes time to do the dirty deed.
I've never disassembled an U&L control arm hooked to a torsion bar in my life. And I don't want it to be off the road for six months...:BangHead:

I did it, and it cost me only 2 weeks down, most of it figuring out how to improvise presses to disassemble stuff and get the old bushings OUT. Its not that awful if you have a decent stock of hard dope for the job. Old folks are allowed this, within reason.....

I'm going to replace the damned lower control arm bushings again before summer. Whether it was old rubber from the kit I bought or my failure to put them under load when adjusting things I don't know, but the second time shouldn't be too bad. I have a nice strut rod to replace while doing it this time too.

While our cars aren't NORMAL (Deo gratias!) they're really kinda easy to work on!

Stock up on ALL Needful Supplies.... I waited about 18 months before my first rebuild after getting the bulk of the parts. This Forum was MOST helpful.

Back