Front seat center arm rest compatibility from Fury to Barracuda

Steve-o

Reaction score
So my 68 Fury III center upholstered arm rest was attacked by some mice at some point and has a giant hole in it. No big deal when the arm rest is down, you cant see it.

So I found one from a 68 Barracuda that is the exact same color and is in perfect shape and a good price. Issue is, I asked for measurements and what i have and what they told me are about an inch more narrow and shorter than mine. Accounting for foam and all that...an inch is a deal breaker actually where it mounts to the seat frame.

Does anyone know if they are the same arm rest between both cars?
Thanks for the expertise....

As a general rule I would have to say “no”. A bodies are the smallest body style of Mopars therefore their seats would be narrower than that of a full size Fury, or any other C body. As to adapting it to fit your Fury, I wouldn’t know. Might be someone else out there who has though. If the A body one is priced fair enough it might be worth a try.

IF you want an exact match replacement, not a good fit. If you want a "will fit" replacement, some longer bolts and flat washers might do the trick? Only issue might be the mechanism which keeps the armrest in the "up" position might need some washers under it so it would work, I suspect. But there would still be a gap between the armrest and the seat mechanism it attachs to.

CBODY67

I have a good used one from a 1968 Plymouth fury available. I'm in the San Antonio area. It's red, but can be dyed. Pm if interested

Thanks everyone for the great info. Bummer it actually is smaller than the C body one. It would have been perfect.

Back